Rangers v Celtic Ticket Row Explodes

13 hours ago, WorthingBear91 said:

Why would we give them 15% of our stadium when we only get 12.5% of their stadium it makes no sense to me. Stick to 700 tickets if they don't want them fair enough but if they want full allocation 7500 15% of ibrox we should receive any equal proportion of their stadium 9000 tickets 15% of their stadium.

If our stadium was bigger than theirs, you'd be happy for them to get more tickets than we got from them? Or is it just a good argument when it suits us? 😂

I wouldn't mind giving them the full Broomie again, as long as we got the same location at their midden, not stuck in the corner with restricted views. The only reason we have a famous fixture (and the worldwide interest) is the atmosphere and rivalry at these fixtures, which has been diluted since the allocations were restricted. The poisonous atmosphere is a sellable asset and while the SPFL couldnt sell water in a desert this is still the best change we have of getting bigger tv deals which is what we all need.

On the basis that it seems really unlikely that we will ever return to this, I can definitely see a return to around 1000 tickets each, and for me this has to be up in the rear of the club deck out of sight of the cameras. Police it properly and it should be no problem. Sell the season tickets accordingly like we used to do, which was effectively a ST for all home games apart from the OF games. 

20 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I wouldn't mind giving them the full Broomie again, as long as we got the same location at their midden, not stuck in the corner with restricted views. The only reason we have a famous fixture (and the worldwide interest) is the atmosphere and rivalry at these fixtures, which has been diluted since the allocations were restricted. The poisonous atmosphere is a sellable asset and while the SPFL couldnt sell water in a desert this is still the best change we have of getting bigger tv deals which is what we all need.

On the basis that it seems really unlikely that we will ever return to this, I can definitely see a return to around 1000 tickets each, and for me this has to be up in the rear of the club deck out of sight of the cameras. Police it properly and it should be no problem. Sell the season tickets accordingly like we used to do, which was effectively a ST for all home games apart from the OF games. 

Seating them in the Club Deck is not practical. How would you segregate them coming into the ground. Also (as a Club Deck season ticket holder), I don't fancy having them behind me.

In European games, there is a section within the Club Deck where they sit some away fans (I think it is those connected with the team, not the vocal fans). This works but we are talking civilised dignitaries not loons.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

If they get the Broomloan they get the whole stand behind the goal.

They’re not prepared to give us the whole stand behind the goal at their ground.

Hence the stand off…

I assume you don’t sit in the Broomie? Why should I give up my seat to a supporter of another team? I have no interest in a ticket for the Brendanbowl. 

Eh....if this allocation ever returns then you can offer them 8000 + 1 the 1 being mine.

8 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I wouldn't mind giving them the full Broomie again, as long as we got the same location at their midden, not stuck in the corner with restricted views.

What you're actually saying is you would be happy for Rangers fans to be denied a seat in our own stadium and for Celtic fans to occupy those seats instead. That might be acceptable if thousands of Ibrox seats were otherwise normally empty at OF games but that's never going to be the case.

What I cannot understand is wanting to treat Celtic differently compared with other Scottish clubs ..... because we want to impress a global audience who otherwise couldn't give a stuff about Rangers.

If that mob ever get the whole Broomloan stand again then the club will have let down the Rangers support big time.

Edited by Bill

6 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

If they get the Broomloan they get the whole stand behind the goal.

They’re not prepared to give us the whole stand behind the goal at their ground.

Hence the stand off…

Surely the basis of any "standoff" is the number of season tickets Rangers can sell every season and the preference that has to be given to those fans. Why should Rangers fans be disadvantaged in our own stadium. We don't need 7000 baying riff raff in the Broomie to create an atmosphere in Ibrox, as recent European ties make clear.