[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45; Matondo 76) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

I seem to be in the minority looking online but I thought Ianis Hagi was a decent player for us at a time when we were bereft of real attacking quality (Morelos aside), no more than that.

I don't really get where the clamour for him to play has come from, I'd be looking to sell if anything.

It's amazing what a good 20 minute cameo from a player who's been crocked (and a 'he gets it' presser after) can do to a fanbases view of a player. Ianis Hagi has a terrible trait of going AWOL in games and can't run for the life of him, but he can shoot with both feet so..

Maybe I'm harsh but I feel like certain quarters of the support are latching onto this as insurance or a stick to beat Beale with just to say 'I told you so' later on. He's not fucking Laudrup, heck he's not even Cantwell.

23 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I seem to be in the minority looking online but I thought Ianis Hagi was a decent player for us at a time when we were bereft of real attacking quality (Morelos aside), no more than that.

I don't really get where the clamour for him to play has come from, I'd be looking to sell if anything.

It's amazing what a good 20 minute cameo from a player who's been crocked (and a 'he gets it' presser after) can do to a fanbases view of a player. Ianis Hagi has a terrible trait of going AWOL in games and can't run for the life of him, but he can shoot with both feet so..

Maybe I'm harsh but I feel like certain quarters of the support are latching onto this as insurance or a stick to beat Beale with just to say 'I told you so' later on. He's not fucking Laudrup, heck he's not even Cantwell.

Listen, it wouldn't bother me if we sold him and raised a couple of million to put toward the new Ryan Kent. I think his time with us is over. However, with the team not clicking and increasing doubts over some of the new recruits, I would have thought he'd get a proper chance to prove he's capable of adding value. I agree with you that he's not the quickest, but he doesn't need to be - he can turn a game around with some creative play - passes that can cut through defences (something we desperately need) and is a good finisher (in the box), he just needs game time to sharpen his tools.  He had better numbers than Kent before his injury IIRC.