[FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Tavernier 50pen, 64; Wright 55)

40 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Perhaps lack of game time a factor too

I think @Rousseau has a point tbf, I thought he was towing for one ball down our left hand side that he conceded a throw from (he was fouled tbf).

But aye, he's just played back to back on really heavy pitches - his knees are shot at the best of times, this week was a great effort from him.

In short, I've got splinters!

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'm really worried about Cantwell; he seems like a loose cannon at times, not the polished performer we signed from Norwich. Hopefully it's just his injury holding him back.

I’ve never been keen on Cantwell, asil. Can produce something superb from time to time but the rest of the team isn’t good enough to carry him waiting for it to happen.

9 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Cant believe I am about to say this again but Scott Wright played well again today. Thought Danilo and Lundstram were the pick of the others. Lundstram and Wright perfect examples of benefitting from a change of management 

Aye Scott Wright has games where you can see that there's clearly a talent there - if he could play like that week in week out he'd be a first pick for us.

If he keeps up this good form for us I'd be tempted to extend - he's in his prime, has pace and is homegrown. As a squad player and bench option we could do worse, if he finally realises he's actually alright at football then he might even be a regular rotation option/first teamer.

Although it's IF he keeps up these performances.

16 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Aye Scott Wright has games where you can see that there's clearly a talent there - if he could play like that week in week out he'd be a first pick for us.

If he keeps up this good form for us I'd be tempted to extend - he's in his prime, has pace and is homegrown. As a squad player and bench option we could do worse, if he finally realises he's actually alright at football then he might even be a regular rotation option/first teamer.

Although it's IF he keeps up these performances.

I am the same mate. Sometimes he doesnt look good enough for us - lately he has disproved that

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I’ve never been keen on Cantwell, asil. Can produce something superb from time to time but the rest of the team isn’t good enough to carry him waiting for it to happen.

To get the best out of Cantwell he needs to playas a number 10 which Lammers is doing atm.  

2 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

I am the same mate. Sometimes he doesnt look good enough for us - lately he has disproved that

There are few things in football better than seeing a struggling player suddenly find his self-belief and start turning in performances that see his detractors get behind him.

16 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I hear you. Just being a pedantic pwick 🤣 As much as I find the LC an inconvenience, its an important chapter in the new "story" being written by Clement. I do have fond memories of some cracking finals, Coopers penalty in 86, Coopers free kick against Aberdeen in 87, Jelavic versus Celtic, beating St. Mirren with 9 men etc

Nah, I hear what you were saying. 👍 Think we had Aberdeen 3 finals in a row in the late 80s? For nostalgia purposes I'll throw in the 96 final 4-3 v Hearts when Gascoigne came out and bagged a classic double (he had a double at half time aswell) - and it was the Neil McCann trial game where he was awesome. 

Delighted to be in the final although the date Dec 17 could have been arranged a bit better, it was always great to get this final in October. 

What length of contract is Butland on BTW anyone? At a time around 6 or 7 years ago when England had 3 or 4 coming through he was easily the best out of Pickford and Pope plus with Forster and Foster around - but he got a bad injury. Its great to see him showing his talent again - he is a top keeper and I wouldnt be swapping him for Pickford, Henderson or Sam Johnstone. 

Im liking what Clement seems to be doing, there just seems a bigger professionalism around the place and we have to remember he has barely had time on the training ground to implement his style due to midweek games.  

Edited by Gribz