Hutton Transfer - done deal

�£10million including add-ons...

I'd be surprised if Spurs were happy to wait 5 months..

They might be if they dont have to stump up the cash immediately and if Chimbonda is forced to stay till season's end - both scenarios unlikely though.

Would prefer Hutton to stay. The EPL is stifling so many big clubs outside ot itself that it is worrying. There is a chasm between the big 3 countries (EPL, La Liga and Serie A) and the rest and you can only see it widening.

i think this whole idea that we would force (sorry, strongly encourage) someone who wants to play for us out the door is more damaging for the club as a whole than any effect it will immediately have on the team.

i think this whole idea that we would force (sorry, strongly encourage) someone who wants to play for us out the door is more damaging for the club as a whole than any effect it will immediately have on the team.

Was going to post the same thing. You often see players (ala BF) who leave the Gers, regret it and want to come back.... how much would Hutton want to come back after being ushered out the door ?

A young guy with a young family plying his trade very well, doesn't want to leave (in January) and we kick him in the arse on his way out.

I think it is appalling treatment by the club on the player.

Is that the case tho...or is it that Spurs just arent taking no for an answer. WS seemed happy for him to stay. what is annoying tho' is we havent gave ourselves much time to bring in other players.

Look at every quote you have heard on this from WS and McCoist....

Every single comment says "from a footballing perspective we are delighted that he wants to stay". That to me suggests what they really mean is "he is a very good footballer who adds to our team, however with an 8 mill offer we cant turn it down so would be delighted to accept the cash".

I am reading between the lines but looks to me like they want the cash without coming out and saying it.