Hutton Transfer - done deal

what does everyone else think of the hutton vs cash?

Personally i think its great that a player is willing to stay and win things with the club he supports, while keeping his life settled which is a good thing for him and his young family.

I would be very angry with the club if we forced him out to the first suitor, because lets face it, if he keeps playing this way he could go to just about any top side in europe - remember lazio were interested?? and with gary neville on his way out Man U is a very attractive possibility for Alan.

surely its up to the lad himself to say where he wants to play? The media (and many fans) complain about the lack of loyalty and money grabbing players, we have the opposite here and i hope hutton sticks to his guns!

Personally i think its great that a player is willing to stay and win things with the club he supports, while keeping his life settled which is a good thing for him and his young family.

I would be very angry with the club if we forced him out to the first suitor, because lets face it, if he keeps playing this way he could go to just about any top side in europe - remember lazio were interested?? and with gary neville on his way out Man U is a very attractive possibility for Alan.

surely its up to the lad himself to say where he wants to play? The media (and many fans) complain about the lack of loyalty and money grabbing players, we have the opposite here and i hope hutton sticks to his guns!

If we can keep him until the summer and get �£8m+ for him during the summer transfer window then I think everyone will be happy - the fans, the club and the player.

What's the reality of the situation? The interim financial results are due out soon, but until then we don't really know how bad/good things are. We also don't know what SDM's long term plans are, so that doesn't help in terms of what sort of club we are and where his ambition levels are at either.

If we can keep him until the summer and get �£8m+ for him during the summer transfer window then I think everyone will be happy - the fans, the club and the player.

would agree with that, would be especially pleased if he left for a club that is considered a top team e.g. man u.

but what if next summer come rounds and he doesnt want to leave glasgow? whats wrong with a young player wanting to stay and win things for a few years?

to the tune of the beatles yellow submarine...

"F*** you Murray, Hutton wants to stay... Hutton wants to stay... Hutton wants to stay!!" :box:

It's a great deal for him and us money wise if he leaves but if he's happy here and doesn't want to move then the club should not be trying to force him to IMO, I find it shocking for a club like us to be doing so. He has arguably been our best player this season and for a full back gives us more attacking options and takes the pressure off the defence with his runs that usually he gets a foul for or ends up a goal/good chance.

I hope he stays but like the very strong rumours we are trying to get the money and get rid of him. SDM is not the favourite chairman about :D and if this move goes through will do him a lot of harm if that's possible.

I can't see us getting all of the money either to spend if it does go through and what other cover will we have for RB?

I won't be happy if our club has forced one of our best players out.

would agree with that, would be especially pleased if he left for a club that is considered a top team e.g. man u.

but what if next summer come rounds and he doesnt want to leave glasgow? whats wrong with a young player wanting to stay and win things for a few years?

to the tune of the beatles yellow submarine...

"F*** you Murray, Hutton wants to stay... Hutton wants to stay... Hutton wants to stay!!" :box:

If Hutton knocked back Spurs in the summer and stayed with us then I'd be delighted. The guy has been immense for us this season. He obviously wants to win the SPL before he leaves which is understandable. Personally, I think he will leave whether it's to Spurs, Man Utd or Barnet.

Like the song by the way.

It's a great deal for him and us money wise if he leaves but if he's happy here and doesn't want to move then the club should not be trying to force him to IMO, I find it shocking for a club like us to be doing so. He has arguably been our best player this season and for a full back gives us more attacking options and takes the pressure off the defence with his runs that usually he gets a foul for or ends up a goal/good chance.

Hutton reminds me of Davie Robertson barring the obvious that one plays on the right and the other played on the left. Robertson loved getting forward and nipped in with a few goals too. Hutton gets forward at every opportunity too. Mirror image off the two.

If Hutton REALLY wasn't interested in joining Spurs i'm sure a firm no from him would suffice and they'd go after one of the other targets they presumably have, although the young lad they brought on against Man Utd looked not to bad a right back.

Therefore either Hutton ain't said no, or either he or the club are encouraging Spurs to keep coming back. And the supposed fee for him seems to keep going up and up. From people I know who know the guy, I think Hutton could be another Charlie Nicholas in regards a move to a top London club. Get the impression the big bright lights of London town could appeal to him to much and his football could suffer as a result.

Malky