Negativity breeds negativity breeds negativity...

How often have you sung: Though the road be long and narrow we will follow we will?

I think the clue might lie in the word supporter.

Never. I prefer the correct words that have served these many decades.

There are still those among us who sing "Though the straits be broad or narrow........"

You people who only think you know this club and its traditions can keep on making it up as you go.

If we're talking Rangers here then what brings the fans to be negative supporting the team is the standard of dross we watch week in week out.

I keep harping back to the DA era but when he was in charge we didn't hear much negativity flying about from supporters. During Smiths 1st stint in charge we didn't perform in europe at all with the exception of the 92/93 season but we were dominant domestically because we had the likes of Gazza, Laudrup, Albertz etc etc. We were winning and winning comfortably, these days we mostly win but make things hard for ourselves.

The fans are easily influenced so if and it's a big if our performances improve this season maybe our outlook will change. Personally though I very much doubt it.

The sad fact is there now is a whole new breed of Rangers supporter who will cross the road to defend mediocrity and whose latest tactic is to hide behind blind support for the mythical "jersey", as if were some sacred cow that must be bowed to at all cost. Bollox! Mediocrity deserves to be named for what it is and Rangers didn't become the club it used to be by accepting second best. This new-found acquiescence is gutless and pathetic and has nothing to do with the Rangers tradition. Anyone who knew this club before Murray will have no difficulty accepting that.

This current desperation to apologise for and admonish those of us who still wish to challenge our present mediocrity is sickening.

Guest PortGlasgow

Ive stopped visiting other forums because of the hysterical amount of posting thats gradually became the norm. UCF2008 makes some excellent points along with the OP.

Sheeple have allowed themselves to be convinced that the way we played in the final 2 weeks was the norm for the entire season. It was dire at times in May I wont dissagree but it was slog that was almost designed to be unachievable. Practically every game after Christmas was "massive", a few cup games and the pana game that very few including myself were too bothered about were the exceptions.

Apart from the final 2 weeks, last season was one of the most enjoyable to watch for me. We did and still do have a better squad than our closest rivals, Samaras and Pat McCourt dont change my opinion. Maybe it was me who was overly negative but I thought the days of beating Stuttgart, Lyon, Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon were long gone.

As I said I dont mind negativity, their is room for improvement in certain areas, but theirs a section of fans that will never support WS as manager and will spin every negative coming out of Ibrox into an indictment on his stewardship. In my opinion these fans make more of a negative impact to our club than the whole biased tit for tat scandal driven Scottish media combined.

Never. I prefer the correct words that have served these many decades.

There are still those among us who sing "Though the straits be broad or narrow........"

You people who only think you know this club and its traditions can keep on making it up as you go.

It is you that is changing the traditions mate by wanting to boo a Rangers player. We lesser supporters stand above that.

Great post Frankie, but I don't see what there is to be positive about. We haven't stregthend our team, in fact, it has been weakend due to (yet more) injuries.

We are set to go into this season with no recognised full backs (another season of 4 centre halfs in our back four), no creative midfield player, no genuine width (due to injuries) and no link player from midfield to forward. In fact, we have very little option in midfield.

We have a chairman who has shown that he has no ambition left, we have fallin behind our rivals on and off the pitch and don't look like overtaking them any time soon. Once again, even with an extra �£40M income, we are signing players who are no better than we currently have.

Sure, when I am at Ibrox (and elsewhere) watching Rangers, I'll get behind them like I always do :rfc: - I'll play my part, but already its looking like one long hard season ahead. The first 4 games will make our break our season.

We need change on and off the field but I can't see that happening either.

Cammy F - In a Fcuked off frame of mind Loyal RSC

Until someone comes in and gets SDM out, we cannot move forward.

It appears that most disgruntled fans want to spend big. Lets not forget that it is that very thing that has put us where we are. Also Sky feeding money to EPL has greatly inflated any price for a mediocre player.

It is you that is changing the traditions mate by wanting to boo a Rangers player. We lesser supporters stand above that.

No, it's just me demonstarting that you don't become a Rangers supporter simply by feigning loyalty on a football website. Now it's hardly proof positive but a lot of people might conclude that someone who doesn't even know the words to the club's most famous song might want to listen more and talk less. At least until he leaves short trousers behind.

No, it's just me demonstarting that you don't become a Rangers supporter simply by feigning loyalty on a football website. Now it's hardly proof positive but a lot of people might conclude that someone who doesn't even know the words to the club's most famous song might want to listen more and talk less. At least until he leaves short trousers behind.

Listen more to you. Nah i'll pass on that one. i doubt if i would learn much about loyalty. If i start a karaoke club i will phone you.:thup:

Exactly, so if it is hardly proof positive then why do you go onto suggest that Pete listens more and talks less ? You seem to have that air of confidence about you that says everyone should listen to you - thanks but no thanks from this bear.

It also isnt demonstrating anything about a fan and "feigning loyalty" - it is demonstrating a need for you to point out semantics though.

Ohh.... and it doesn't necessarily mean that Pete got the words wrong either - perhaps he doesn't check his posts with a fine tooth comb before hitting the "reply" button.