Negativity breeds negativity breeds negativity...

i call it as I see it buddy and if that offends you to bad..

Trouble is that most of it seems to sail over you head, and you jump in when you see a few words you recognise.

I think it's obvious that Frankie was referring to the uplifting motivational side of Marvin, who made us "keep believing". We listened to him, kept believing and in the end we somehow won the league. Doesn't that make Marvin Rangers class? I would say being negative all the time about Rangers makes you not Rangers class.

Maybe you need to open you eyes a bit more and look around some, take time to digest things, have a good think about it - and then call it.

You only impress by shooting from the hip when you continually hit the target, nobody is impressed with a guy who shoots all over the place...

Back on topic, belief is considered a very powerful thing in psychology. If you read pretty much any book about success, it will almost certainly tell you that if you fully believe you can succeed then you are creating a mindset that will allow you to do as well as you can towards that goal. If you believe you will fail, then you are creating a mindset that will allow you to do as well as you can towards that negative goal of failing.

The thing is, when winning is about being the best 1 of 12 teams, not winning is much, much easier to achieve.

We always harp on about how the Dhims are, well dim!

It is rife throughout Scottish football, the small nation mentality. I am a Scotsman living south of the border and get pelters from all sides on football, rugby, cricket (every fcuking sport you care to mention)....

I come home to my land of birth to visit family and friends and I am embarrassed by the attitude of people in Scotland, be they blue, green, red, maroon etc...

As a nation we have stepped backwards behind every fooker. The small teams made sure that Sky didn't bring there big bucks to Scotland because the lions share was going to Rangers and C****c. We are now so far behind in footballing terms of national league set up.

Rugby was left behind when it went pro. Cricket is not a big sport in Scotland, but again no money coming in so we will always be nobody's.

You then get Fans, of teams. Lambasting footballers who play, will play ior have played for there team. Giving shit left right and centre about the manager and his backroom team.

Frankly I am perplexed when I come home, or indeed sometimes on here. It seems allot of fans have taken to the mentality of the Dhims in that if you can't beat them, join them.

Whine about refs, the SFA, SPL, players who played for them, he is not Rangers class this and that..

FFS get a grip.

This team has been around for 135 years. It has withstood much harder time - and the last one was the early to mid 80's. OK we haven't won the league since 2005. And yes it was a last day win, but we won it. Now we have to start with getting rid of the underclass of attitude that is rife at this moment in the fans.

Kenny Miller, Daniel Cousin, Kris Boyd and others have provoked much debate that has gone far to far into personal attacks, jibes and sometimes outright hatred.

It is fcuking not on. Rangers fans as I know (and as far as much better men than myself like Jock Wallace, Scott Symon, Moses and Peter McNeil, Peter Campbell, William McBeath and of course Bill Struth. There are many many more but they put this club where it is, and the foundations were laid the leadership of these men.

Rangers fans do not do what we are doing now. We are not the underclass, we leave that to the east end brigade.

It is time as Frankie says to start shutting up when we don't like what we see (of course forums are where we can come to discuss, and not start name calling or worse...)

The team needs to be supported by the supporters, and not slated. That is not what a Rangers fans is all about.

So lets start getting behind the team and not on top of them. Who knows, KM may surprise us or he may not. Boyd might stay as he is our top scorer for the past few years, or he may go. But stop the negativity, that is not OUR way.

I have to say Im quite surprised by this thread as I actually havent seen much negativity. This might be due to the fact im on the other side of the globe and dont get the British Media plus I only come on here for Rangers chat so havent really seen or heard any other negativity.

All Ive seen on here is people give there opinions about what / who is good enough (or should I say not good enough) for Rangers. - I dont think there is anything wrong with that at all. Certain posts have gone over the top like admitting to booing or wishing an injury on your own players - thats not real fans IMO. I admit to more than giving my opinion on certain players but ive never got personnel on them, just stated my thoughts on their game - yet people tell me to give it a rest. People need to realise what getting personnel actually is.

I agree with what Wija says though, when you go back to Scotland there is a negative atmosphere in general but this is society thing more than anything else and not just directed at our club.

We always harp on about how the Dhims are, well dim!

It is rife throughout Scottish football, the small nation mentality. I am a Scotsman living south of the border and get pelters from all sides on football, rugby, cricket (every fcuking sport you care to mention)....

I come home to my land of birth to visit family and friends and I am embarrassed by the attitude of people in Scotland, be they blue, green, red, maroon etc...

As a nation we have stepped backwards behind every fooker. The small teams made sure that Sky didn't bring there big bucks to Scotland because the lions share was going to Rangers and C****c. We are now so far behind in footballing terms of national league set up.

Rugby was left behind when it went pro. Cricket is not a big sport in Scotland, but again no money coming in so we will always be nobody's.

You then get Fans, of teams. Lambasting footballers who play, will play ior have played for there team. Giving shit left right and centre about the manager and his backroom team.

Frankly I am perplexed when I come home, or indeed sometimes on here. It seems allot of fans have taken to the mentality of the Dhims in that if you can't beat them, join them.

Whine about refs, the SFA, SPL, players who played for them, he is not Rangers class this and that..

FFS get a grip.

This team has been around for 135 years. It has withstood much harder time - and the last one was the early to mid 80's. OK we haven't won the league since 2005. And yes it was a last day win, but we won it. Now we have to start with getting rid of the underclass of attitude that is rife at this moment in the fans.

Kenny Miller, Daniel Cousin, Kris Boyd and others have provoked much debate that has gone far to far into personal attacks, jibes and sometimes outright hatred.

It is fcuking not on. Rangers fans as I know (and as far as much better men than myself like Jock Wallace, Scott Symon, Moses and Peter McNeil, Peter Campbell, William McBeath and of course Bill Struth. There are many many more but they put this club where it is, and the foundations were laid the leadership of these men.

Rangers fans do not do what we are doing now. We are not the underclass, we leave that to the east end brigade.

It is time as Frankie says to start shutting up when we don't like what we see (of course forums are where we can come to discuss, and not start name calling or worse...)

The team needs to be supported by the supporters, and not slated. That is not what a Rangers fans is all about.

So lets start getting behind the team and not on top of them. Who knows, KM may surprise us or he may not. Boyd might stay as he is our top scorer for the past few years, or he may go. But stop the negativity, that is not OUR way.

Mostly just contrived guff but two points are worth a response.

The first is that we should shut up when we see something we don't like. I put it to you that there is no better way to guarantee the perpetuation of mediocrity. Surely the last eight years is evidence enough on that.

The second is this strange notion that the fans should behave in some robotic fashion, trumpeting out support irrespective of ho wthe team/club performs. What about another approach - how about the team/club thinking they need to earn the support of the fans. In almost fifty years I have never seen the fans fail to back a quality Rangers side and I have never seen a player being criticised who didn't deserve it. Funny that.

The first is that we should shut up when we see something we don't like. I put it to you that there is no better way to guarantee the perpetuation of mediocrity. Surely the last eight years is evidence enough on that.

The second is this strange notion that the fans should behave in some robotic fashion, trumpeting out support irrespective of ho wthe team/club performs. What about another approach - how about the team/club thinking they need to earn the support of the fans. In almost fifty years I have never seen the fans fail to back a quality Rangers side and I have never seen a player being criticised who didn't deserve it. Funny that.

How often have you sung: Though the road be long and narrow we will follow we will?

I think the clue might lie in the word supporter.

i definitely dont agree, but it's a thought out counter argument. accepting your lot no matter how shit stuff, historically, is how the baddies maintain the status quo :D

Who is asking YOU to support Rangers? If the Rangers are not asking you on bent knee to please support us, then go elsewhere if that is your reasoning.

And I remember the early 80's when Ibrox was half empty for games and the fans all whiming and whinging then... it did fuck all to better the situation. It took a man's dream that no-one else even ever thought possible. David Holmes. Nobody in British Football could forsee what he did. So don't harp on about what the fans know, because we actually know very little of what is going on in the background.

So in the last 8 years we have not dominated with another 9 IAR but that will never happen again. And we have to try to ensure people like you get the education that is necassary to ensure that Rangers does not become anything like the idiots from the East End. If you can't rise above that then you are for want of something better to say, an absolute idiot. The kind of underclass brainwashed idiot that the team doesn't need following it.

It is with pride and passion that I say I support Rangers, what is your excuse for doing so?

And I am glad all it apart from 2 points went over your head. At least that way we can keep this short and sweet.

If we're talking Rangers here then what brings the fans to be negative supporting the team is the standard of dross we watch week in week out.

I keep harping back to the DA era but when he was in charge we didn't hear much negativity flying about from supporters. During Smiths 1st stint in charge we didn't perform in europe at all with the exception of the 92/93 season but we were dominant domestically because we had the likes of Gazza, Laudrup, Albertz etc etc. We were winning and winning comfortably, these days we mostly win but make things hard for ourselves.

The fans are easily influenced so if and it's a big if our performances improve this season maybe our outlook will change. Personally though I very much doubt it.