walter Smith has laid into the fans who barracked Charlie Adam after yesterdays clash with Aberdeen.

Smith has given the player his vote of confidence and reckons he "deserves a medal" and "should be applauded" for refusing to let the jeers from the stands grind him down.

Adam, who provided yet another below par performance against our inbred opposition from the north apparently blended in well with Barry ferguson and pedro mendes and created a good balance in the midfield.

Well im fucking sorry walter. you obviously watched a different game from me yesterday. Adam couldnt kick his own arse against Aberdeen and has failed to impress me in any of his appearances since god knows when in a Rangers jersey.

He is an underachiever. He is not good enough to play for Rangers. He brings nothing to the game that enhances the team. like most fans our hearts were in our mouths when we heard the team selection before kick off and our aprehensions and misgivings about your team selections were certainly justified by the first half performance alone.

Picking the likes of Adam is the reason we never looked like winning the Uefa cup final. The same reason we imploded in last seasons championship race and the reason we got knocked out of the CL qualifiers by yet another pub team.

Its one of the reasons too Id sack you in a minute Walter. Continually picking under achievers who have failed Rangers when the chips were down.

And its the main reason i dont think we will win the league.

Dont hold back there Gisabeer :D

Have to agree though, ive never rated Adam and wouldnt let him near the starting line up ahead of certain other players.

Even off the park he is embarrassing, i remember his last interview when he was picking his nose throughout.

We have big numbers in the squad yet we are still struggling with consistancy on the left midfield/wing.

The only thing he has going for him is a decent left foot and can on occasions hit a good free kick. I'm struggling to remember the last one though. No pace, no dribbling ability, not even a good tackler. The left side is without doublt our Achilles' hee. Gentlemen, I give you the answer: one Kris Commons - I think we could afford him.

No Place To Hide

CHARLIE ADAM played a pivotal role in Rangers win against Aberdeen having set up both goals in the 2-0 victory.

Charlie AdamHis pinpoint corner kicks for Jean-Claude Darcheville and Kris Boyd helped clinch a valuable result for Walter Smith's men on a day when dropping points was unthinkable.

Adam recieved some stick from the home support in the early stages of the game but insists he will never hide when he pulls on a Light Blue jersey.

He said: "Ibrox can be a tough place to play, there is nowhere to hide in front of 50,000 fans.

"You have to be strong and mentally tough to keep trying things.

"There is no point in hiding and I will never do that.

"At times you get criticism but that is part of life, it is how you deal with that that matters.

"The important thing for me is that I always keep going and try my best for the team.

"At the end of the day that is all you can do and if you try things and they don't come off you can't let your head go down."

Adam was delighted to see Rangers pick up another home win against Jimmy Calderwood's men.

"We always know that teams will make it difficult for us when they come to Ibrox. Jean-Claude Darcheville scores

"But it's all about how we react to that and deal with the situation.

"In the first-half the game never really got flowing.

"We did not really create many chances and Allan had to make a brilliant save just before the break.

"But we came alive in the second period and got two goals I felt we deserved.

"It's great to get assists, that is something you always want to do as a midfielder.

"But the most important thing for us today was to get the win and I hope we can build on that at Tynescastle next week."

Baffles me why WS brings this donkey in from the cold, plays him for a couple of games against tougher opposition then drops him for a month or two. Can't do the guys confidence any good. In saying that, he's gash and shouldn't be anywhere a Rangers jersey.

gisabeer - it would seem that you are slightly riled by Charlie Adam.... Can I take that as fact?

Just a tad mate!

Its quite a few things about Walter Smith that rile me actually. I dont rate McCulloch (who in fareness had a decent game yesterday), Whittaker, Adam and Darcheville as they were ever present in a side that failed badly in the run up to last season and the Cl qualifiers and never had the mettle to take us up a level.

But walter Smith sees something in these guys that no one else can see. He continualy gives them chances and they rarely ever deliver.

Novo should have been on yesterday from the start and id have opted for Lafferty playing up front with boyd. Adam would have been shopping in sauchihall street as id have him no where near ibrox on a saturday afternoon.

Jordan McMillan would have played in front of Mcculloch too.

The first half yesterday was a warning for everyone. We struggled badly and even though the second half performance was better we only managed to scrape the ball over the line.

Smith should be very careful with his team selctions from now on or he could end up with egg on his face, just like last season.

ps dont give up the day job just yet Ally, you just get dragged down with walter.

Final proof, as if it was needed, that Walter Smith is leading Rangers up yet another blind alley of failure and frustration. Charlie Adam has fluffed and stuttered his way through every game he's been involved in these last two seasons. If Charlie's ability matched his ego we would have nothing to complain about - but it doesn't.

How like Smith to attack the support rather than judge the player on what every one of us can see with our own eyes.