DaMarcus Beasley is prepared to fight for his Rangers future after falling out of favour at Ibrox.

The American winger has been told that he is surplus to requirements by Gers boss Walter Smith after failing to force his way into first-team contention this season.

With the Glasgow giants keen to offload any deadwood during the January transfer window, it had looked likely that Beasley would be one of those heading for the exit.

However, the gutsy former PSV Eindhoven and Manchester City man is keen to play his way back into contention at Rangers and help the club wrestle the SPL title back from Old Firm rivals Celtic.

"The gaffer has said in the papers that he will have to consider offers for players who aren't playing, if they are made," Beasley told the Evening Times.

"I understand I fit the bill in that respect just now. It is up to me to show that I am worth keeping here.

"I realise the club will look at things if someone comes in for me, but at the moment I'm not thinking about that at all.

"I love the club and I'm hopeful I can get back in and play my part in the team. I don't have any desire to go somewhere else. I'm happy here."

Ambitions

While reiterating his desire to remain in Scotland, Beasley does accept that his international aspirations rest on his ability to find regular action.

Speaking in Rangers News, he added: "I have a lot going on with the United States national team.

"We've got World Cup qualifiers coming up and the Confederations Cup in South Africa this summer. I want to be involved in all of that.

"I know for that to happen I need to be playing football, so hopefully over the next couple of weeks things can improve for me.

"I know I've got to look out for myself first. If I'm not playing here I should move on. I must stress, though, that I really want to be a part of things here. I want to stay and I've not got it in mind to leave."

Too lightweight for me. A few good moments and a few good goals but has never really looked up for the Scottish game. I cant even remember him taking players on too often, I thought a winger was supposed to go for it. To easily pushed off the ball for me and a bad signing

One of the few players we actually have in our squad that can BEAT an opponent with the ball at his feet - I'd give him a run in the team wide left before the likes of Adam, McCulloch, Lafferty et al

Cammy F

ive never actually seen him dribbling past a player and crossing the ball everytime ive seen him play he passes before he gets to the player or gets shoved off the ball.

was excited by him when we 1st signed him but seen nothing from him and too lightweight

very poor signing IMO

I'd play him at home but certainly not in a hard away fixture (which is everyone these days for us). Another who drifts in and out of games which is not good enough. He is however the best corner taker and crosser for us IMO (although that is not saying much either as I don't think we practice set pieces do we)!!!

One of the few players we actually have in our squad that can BEAT an opponent with the ball at his feet - I'd give him a run in the team wide left before the likes of Adam, McCulloch, Lafferty et al

Cammy F

Can't agree here at all. Shirks his responsibility in this respect.

Agree with boths sides here and Johnny is spot on where id play him at home but not away - but thats not acceptable for a footballer to not be able to play in certain matches.

When he is good then he looks promising, yet when he is poor he is absolute gash!

But would be in my team every day ahead of Adam and McCulloch.

But would be in my team every day ahead of Adam and McCulloch.

That says more about Adam and McCulloch than it does about Beasley though:) I think Beasley is far too lightweight. Falls into the same category as the departed Chris Burke for me

ive never actually seen him dribbling past a player and crossing the ball everytime ive seen him play he passes before he gets to the player or gets shoved off the ball.

I was going to post something similar but you beat me to it... :cheers: