Rangers FC no longer for sale

Seldom has an attempt at wit fallen so flat.

I don't know, there was some guy on here a while back saying he was going to improve the RST. Besides, I feel strangely uplifted every time pixies are mentioned.

I feel strangely uplifted every time pixies are mentioned.

This and the "cute" revelation of your aesthetic sense over on the other thread. We're seeing a whole new side of you MF :D

Dara's pixie based understanding of electricity. (from 8 minutes 40 seconds) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cwYh3Qb4rc&feature=related]YouTube- Dara OBriain Talks Funny 2008 Part [2/9][/ame]

Guest Flying Hippo
Why did Walter agreed to another year of this and why did McCoist follow suit. Are they being rewarded for continued loyalty to Murray or do they actually think someone else is about to own the club? I can only assume it's the former.

I don't see why they'd particularly care. Walter is out of the game in 12 months time and McCoist is only managing us because we're too skint to appoint someone qualified, i doubt he'd resign in protest at the club being in debt somehow

big news in the daily mail tomorrow that is all im saying and if im wrong admin on here can ban me

The Andrew Ellis takeover of Rangers has been agreed in principle and could end Sir David Murray�s reign as owner of the club by Friday afternoon.

Sportsmail has obtained a copy of a secret memo to key personnel in the �£33million deal that will all but wipe out the clubâ��s debts.

And now Murray seems certain to relinquish control of Rangers at noon on Friday, with Middle East cash having helped to fund the Ellis bid.

The remarkable blueprint is nicknamed ââ?¬Ë?Project Charlotteââ?¬â?¢ ââ?¬â? a play on Murrayââ?¬â?¢s business HQ in Edinburghââ?¬â?¢s Charlotte Square ââ?¬â? and the takeover trail runs from Guernsey to London to Qatar.

Former Leeds United figurehead Chris Akers, who once made �£301m by selling a company he initially founded for just �£25,000, is involved in tandem with Ellis and has put together the takeover package following visits to Dubai and Qatar to source finance.

Last month, Sportsmail exclusively revealed Akers� involvement in the deal.

Now manager Walter Smith, who signed a one-year contract with Rangers only a fortnight ago, could be handed a �£10m summer transfer window war chest to prepare for the SPL title defence and the Champions League.

The documents issued suggest Ellis and his partners will wipe out �£20m of debt held by Lloyds Banking Group.

It is believed Rangers, after recent cutbacks, are presently �£27.5m in the red.

Murray is in line to receive �£3.1m for his majority shareholding in the club but is expected to retain a small percentage under the blueprint and could land a role as honorary president.

Ellis, who had a two-month spell in charge of Northampton Town, registered his interest in Rangers in early March. Murray had formally put his 90-per-cent stake up for sale last October after stepping down as chairman in August of that year.

It is not clear yet how the proposed change in ownership might affect senior figures like chairman Alastair Johnston, chief executive Martin Bain and the football management team of Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall.

Ellis and Johnston clashed in public less than a month ago and any changes in the chairmanship or directorship of Rangers will have to be processed through the SFA and meet certain criteria.

Just a month ago, Ellis said: ââ?¬Ë?I am confident there will be serious developments in the next three to four weeks.

ââ?¬Ë?Should I gain control, I intend to offer Walter Smith a new contract, as his experience and knowledge is invaluable.

ââ?¬Ë?It is also only fitting that former chairman Sir David Murray should be offered the role of life president, as what he has done for the club can never be forgotten.ââ?¬â?¢

Smith, who reacted angrily to Ellis offering him a new deal via the media, signed his one-year contract since those comments and seems unlikely to be shifted in his resolve to leave Rangers for a second time in May 2011.

But what looks odds-on is that after leading Rangers for more than two decades, the former rugby player from Ayr will finally relinquish his controlling interest

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285161/End-game-Andrew-Ellis-consortium-closing-33m-Rangers-takeover.html#ixzz0qJCMxckD

Guest Northampton_loyalist
big news in the daily mail tomorrow that is all im saying and if im wrong admin on here can ban me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-takeover.html

It is already on their website.

Few quotes and seems to based on a leaked memo, so those who dont think it will happen wont be convinced and those who do will take it as gospel :D

Some interesting points in amongst it though, there is bound to be outrage in some quarters if the parts about Murray are true although it looks like guess work based on the previous 'honourary prez' quotes. �£10 million and arab money will have some drooling. It seems to be putting a fairly definate time on it though, which, for me at least, tends to add a little credance.

For the sake of the club we need something to happen but it is still to be seen whether Ellis and his backers are going to be good for the club. Once the deal is done the madness will end and a whole new madness will commence. With gusto. Lots of it.

Yes i will wait until it is signed sealed and delivered before i get the champagne out.(Well i will make that a dram i hate wine.)

Unfortunately if true the guy is going to start in the cellar of trust and work his way up. Only time will tell if he is good or bad for rangers. The fact they are not clearing all the debt worries me as i remember we were at 10 mill before and it soon grew to 30mill. Hopefully their management skills will be better than Murray's

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Yes i will wait until it is signed sealed and delivered before i get the champagne out.(Well i will make that a dram i hate wine.)

Unfortunately if true the guy is going to start in the cellar of trust and work his way up. Only time will tell if he is good or bad for rangers. The fact they are not clearing all the debt worries me as i remember we were at 10 mill before and it soon grew to 30mill. Hopefully their management skills will be better than Murray's

The debt thing is not really a concern on its own. ALL decent sized companies carry levels of debt and for a football club that is not mega rich, the up and down nature of income dictates that you need to go into the red in the short-term to pay wages etc on occasion. On top of that, they will need to invest in the short term to buy players so they may see paying off the debt over a period of time as wise. All guesswork, of course.