Boyd agrees Boro move

Guest Flying Hippo
Who is our highest paid player, what is he on.

Weir and McGregor are on �£17,000

Davis may be slightly higher, though no one exceeds �£20,000 (in basic wage anyway)

Edited by Flying Hippo

Weir and McGregor are on �£17,000

Davis may be slightly higher, though no one exceeds �£20,000 (in basic wage anyway)

Thanx FH, Wattie reckons, if true of course,as it is Sky, that he offered Boyd more than anyone at the club.

PS wasn't Mendes on �£25k.

Edited by wabashcannonball

Guest Flying Hippo
Thanx FH, Wattie reckons, if true of course,as it is Sky, that he offered Boyd more than anyone at the club.

PS wasn't Mendes on �£25k.

No one really knows for sure what anyone is on. When i say McGregor and Weir are on 17k it's because i've heard it a few times rather than because i've seen their wage slip lol. Our players do tend to be on a lot less than what you'd expect though. Barry Ferguson was supposedly only on 23k (despite everyone basically taking it as read that he was on at least 30)

There is something about this whole contract fiasco that doesn't add up. It would have been cheaper to make Boyd the �£25k offer he couldn't refuse, than to buy a replacement of equal merit. Which leads me to believe we won't be signing anyone to replace Boyd.

Cant believe it is only a 2 year deal.

Thought that myself at first then got to thinking that it's a smart move by Boydy or his agent. Let's say he scores a load down there in his first season. He'll have only one year left on his contract and clubs will be lining up to sign him. Or waits 2 seasons and he's on a bosman again. And he'll still only be 28.

Thought that myself at first then got to thinking that it's a smart move by Boydy or his agent. Let's say he scores a load down there in his first season. He'll have only one year left on his contract and clubs will be lining up to sign him. Or waits 2 seasons and he's on a bosman again. And he'll still only be 28.

Yep, decent move by him - also if he doesnt like it... or misses Rangers... then he could come back on a Bosman IF the club wanted him.

Very decent move by him and it could be easily suggested that it shows he is confident in his own ability to score goals - if he werent so confident he would probably look for a longer contract.

Plus, having just a 2 year means that if they dont get promoted he could very well move on again if he wants "a new challenge"