Boyd agrees Boro move

Can't really understand the indignation about Boyd's choice of team or league.

Rangers are a financial basket case on a slide to obscurity and playing in a virtual backwater - so from what point of comparison are people ridiculing his decision to join Boro? Amazingly, there seems to be no shortage of posters around who still don't appear to have grasped what's happened at Ibrox these last ten years. Time enough to be criticising other clubs when our own is dragged from its current mess.

And thanks Kris Boyd. Good luck ... you played your part in the Rangers story.

Difficult to argue with what you say. However from Kris Boyd's perspective, and given his destination, I can see him being the latest in a long line of players who've left Ibrox only to regret it. As a poster said on here previously, I'd have understood of he'd gone to Blackpool or Wigan etc., as it would have given him the chance to say he'd played in arguably the greatest league competition in world football. Going to Middlesborough on the other hand, in footballing terms at least, will provide him with less than he already had at Rangers. No European football and no trophies. If we are a backwater, I'm not sure Middlesborough is any better.

I understand he has a young family and can appreciate him wanting to maximise his earnings while he can, but I'm sure I'd find a way to get by on the wages of a Rangers player.

Anyway I'd echo your last sentiment, he's been a tremendous servant to the club for 4 and a half years and can look back on his time at Ibrox with pride. As with any Rangers man, I wish him nothing but success in the future.

Frankie, can we assume Gersnet will be closing down given the Boyd threads are no more?

I'd have understood of he'd gone to Blackpool or Wigan etc., as it would have given him the chance to say he'd played in arguably the greatest league competition in world football. Going to Middlesborough on the other hand, in footballing terms at least, will provide him with less than he already had at Rangers. No European football and no trophies. If we are a backwater, I'm not sure Middlesborough is any better.

Have to disagree with this to an extent. Id go to Boro over Wigan and Blackpool anyday. Id be amazed if those 2 teams are above 15th in the league next season and in the future.

Yet Boro do have one of the most loyal and ambitious chairman around. Steve Gibson has bank rolled this club for the last 15 years but hasnt put them in a mess. I would bet his vision is to get the club back in the top flight long term. He got rid of Southgate as he wanted auto promotion - turned out to be the wrong move but the amibition was still there.

The only concern is Strachan hasnt made much of an impact and his signings have been a bit shocking.

As for Boyd threads Im sure we will be keeping an eye on him next season.

Agree with most of that Norris... :thup:

We won't need to close as Lafferty should keep us busy enough... :whistle:

Either that or footie chat will explode with the continued Boyd debate down south. :spl:

Have to disagree with this to an extent. Id go to Boro over Wigan and Blackpool anyday. Id be amazed if those 2 teams are above 15th in the league next season and in the future.

So you'd rather play in the Championship over playing in the EPL even if Wigan and Blackpool finish 15th or below? I'd prefer to say I played in the EPL and got relegated over I played in the Championship.

Just watched his interview tonight and he really talks utter pish , he sounded like someone trying to convince themself they had made the right move , wait till he's at Scunthorpe or peterborough on a wet Wednesday night in December when we are in the C/L taking 3 off Madrid ......Nurse Nurse !!!!!!!!

So you'd rather play in the Championship over playing in the EPL even if Wigan and Blackpool finish 15th or below? I'd prefer to say I played in the EPL and got relegated over I played in the Championship.

If it was a 1 season deal then Id pick the EPL with Wigan or Blackpool. But if its a 4 year deal Id go for Boro at the moment as I would say they can get promoted this season. But TBH id have tried Turkey ahead of Boro.

To be fair to Boyd I dont think he made a knee jerk reaction in joining Boro.

Just watched his interview tonight and he really talks utter pish , he sounded like someone trying to convince themself they had made the right move , wait till he's at Scunthorpe or peterborough on a wet Wednesday night in December when we are in the C/L taking 3 off Madrid ......Nurse Nurse !!!!!!!!

Peterboro got relegated :thup:

Ok Scunthorpe arent appealing but the Championship is like a Premiership 2 these days. I watched it all last season and was impressed. You have Forest, Leicester, Sheff Utd, QPR, Coventry, Norwich, Leeds....etc - all ex prem teams and all have big crowds every week.

Id rather be playing Forest away than a league cup game away to Forfar!

Edited by Gribz