Boyd agrees Boro move

I know you said in your post that you weren't directly comparing Boyd to McCoist, but you brought up the valid point that for years (despite our success under Advocaat and initially under McLeish) fans kept saying we needed a goalscorer like McCoist

However, football changed in these years. We scored 101 league goals in the 02/03 treble season despite nobody scoring more than 20 league goals. We were reliant on technically gifted fowards like de Boer, Mols, Arveladze, and Prso rather than having any great need for a 30 goal a season man. There's quite literally no chance that Barry Ferguson would've scored 20 goals in a season if Boyd had been leading the line. It was the fantastic hold up and link up play of our forwards that got Barry into the goalscoring positions he found himself in that season

Whilst I agree with you that things have changed and you dont necessarily need a 30 goal a season player - do you honestly feel that we have the players in our squad to contribute 100 goals in a season when you exclude Boyd ?

I am not nearly as convinced as you are.

de Boer, Mols, Arveladze, Prso vs Miller, Lafferty, Naismith, Fleck - no contest, not just as players but also as goal threats

Whilst I agree with you that things have changed and you dont necessarily need a 30 goal a season player - do you honestly feel that we have the players in our squad to contribute 100 goals in a season when you exclude Boyd ?

de Boer, Mols, Arveladze, Prso vs Miller, Lafferty, Naismith, Fleck - no contest, not just as players but also as goal threats

Our best current forward is Miller but he wouldn't oust Mols, de Boer, Shota or Prso.

Rangers need Kris Boyd because the rest of our other strikers/forward players are inconsistent and that includes Miller. His finishing and composure is shocking at times.

Some folks just don't do adventure. The thought of Boyd settling in another country and coping with unfamiliarity just isn't credible. For �£50K a week I'd be taking belly dancing lessons and spitting at Greeks. it's not as if west central Scotland is the pinnacle of human experience.

But it's not all about Kris Boyd. He's got a chick and a couple of kids to think about too.

A thick chick and a couple of thick kids. Did nobody tell Boydy's misses that there's plenty Micky D's in Turkey? I bet Boydy doesn't realize how fcuking good the kebabs are over there!

I'd rather have boyd in my team than someone who has potential to score goals or can 'maybe' score goals.

Boyd is proven in the SPL and will be dearly missed but no one is bigger than our club and better players have retired of left so life goes on without him..........

Guest Flying Hippo

I believe that if we had a technically gifted front man leading our line (someone like Cousin or Prso) then our midfield would contribute a great number more goals than they did last season. Davis scored just 4 goals all season which was a pitiful tally. But when the ball is lumped forward to a striker who 8 times out of 10 will lose it, the midfield have little chance to support the attack

Well, that's Boyd signed for Middlesboro.

What an uninspiring move for him. He'll do shite!

Dont quite agree he will do shite , however it says more about Boyd as a person than anything else , yet again a Scottish player doesn't have either the balls or the confidence to move further afield and attempt to try something new .

Christ is it actually possible to get anywhere closer to his home .

Dont quite agree he will do shite , however it says more about Boyd as a person than anything else , yet again a Scottish player doesn't have either the balls or the confidence to move further afield and attempt to try something new .

Christ is it actually possible to get anywhere closer to his home .

I'm sure Carlisle is closer to Glasgow than Middlesboro.

OK, I was probably a bit harsh saying he'll do shite but there's nothing about Middlesboro that would attract me to the place. Like I said, what an uninspiring move.

Mols Mols Michael Michael Mols....he gets the ball scores a goal Michael Michael Mols....

Im drunk but its a good song all the same and Mols will always have more talent in his toe than Boyd will ever have. :flipa:

I'm really surprised he's gone somewhere with so many ex-tims. For such a 'dyed in the wool Ranjur' this is a very confusing move for him. And it is, as others say, very uninspiring - a mediocre Championship side with fairly average ambitions. Odd, really odd.