Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

No chance.

Reported 5m euros fee been flung about. Apparently he's said that a move to Scotland would be a stepping stone to the EPL.

Edited by Gazza_8

Guest Dutchy

The chance Wesley Verhoek will still be a Den Haag player becomes every more increasly less. The rightwinger has substantial interest from other clubs and now Glasgow Rangers have an interst too.

That's more or less the first paragraph, if anyones interested I might try to translate the rest, but it's getting too late and I can't see my woordenboek too good.

The chance Wesley Verhoek will still be a Den Haag player becomes every more increasly less. The rightwinger has substantial interest from other clubs and now Glasgow Rangers have an interst too.

That's more or less the first paragraph, if anyones interested I might try to translate the rest, but it's getting too late and I can't see my woordenboek too good.

Record says we were monitoring him and considered a �£2m approach but

Reports surfaced in Holland yesterday that a �£2million deal was imminent but senior Ibrox sources - who admit they have been monitoring the player - revealed they had decided against making an offer for the player.

@ArabProFootball Arab Pro Footballers

former #Wolfsburg midfeilder & #Algeria Intl Karim #Ziani in the interest of #Glasgow #Rangers. #Scotland

24 minutes ago via web

CARLOS CUELLAR has only until close of play today to make up his mind on a return to Ibrox.

Record Sport can reveal Rangers have made the Spaniard "an excellent offer" to become boss Ally McCoist's second summer signing.

But McCoist won't wait any longer and is pressing Cuellar, who is believed to be in Spain, for his answer.

rangers are still in the hunt for carlos cuellar

Rangers and Aston Villa, who paid the Ibrox side �£7.8m for the central defender in 2008, agreed a fee of �£2m last week but the player has yet to make up his mind.

He has been linked with La Liga sides Villarreal and Espanyol but the latter denied any interest yesterday.

Ramon Planes, Espanyol's director of football, said: "There hasn't been an offer from Espanyol, although a proposal has been put to us by his representatives.

"For us Cuellar is not an option. We are looking for a defensive midfield player."

Cuellar, 29, is thought to be holding out for a sweetener from Villa because he will have to take a severe wage cut to rejoin Rangers even though they increased his terms in a final attempt to lure him back.

McCoist has never hidden his admiration for the player but is not prepared to wait any longer for an answer.

if Cuellar doesn't break his silence today, McCoist will move on. Having signed only Juanma Ortiz, he needs to get others in quickly.

It seems Den Haag winger Wesley Verhoek will not be one of them, though.

Reports surfaced in Holland yesterday that a �£2million deal was imminent but senior Ibrox sources - who admit they have been monitoring the player - revealed they had decided against making an offer for the player.

The 24-year-old is being chased by a host of Dutch clubs but is believed to want a switch to the UK - to a team in the Champions League.

Rangers owner Craig Whyte is ready to sanction an extra �£15million for wages and transfer fees but if McCoist wants new men in place for Rangers' Champions League third qualifier against Malmo or Torshavn it will have to be before Thursday evening.

And because of injuries and suspensions McCoist is short of defenders for Rangers' opening SPL match against Hearts on Saturday.

The Ibrox side have also been linked with a move for another former player, Kenny Miller, but they might have to beat Cardiff to the punch to land him.

Rangers haven't made a move for Miller but last night it was believed Cardiff were considering a move for the striker, who has been ordered to train on his own at Bursaspor after telling the Turkish club he wants out.

Rangers, who expect Steve Davis to sign a new deal today, were also linked with Spurs' Bongani Khumalo but it's believed McCoist has other targets in mind

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2011/07/19/rangers-target-carlos-cuellar-told-to-make-his-mind-up-today-on-return-to-ibrox-86908-23281176/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

reading the articles that I have read over the past few days the press don't seem to know anything and are just speculating on the progress being made. I suppose that is a good thing though. Really hope we can get someone in today though otherwise we are going to have a nervous 48 hours coming up in the lead up to the deadline for europe.

It looks like the press crawls over one another to provide us with a even more "accurate and up-to-date" story. As said before, there is no need to get excited about anyone, unless he's seen with pen in hand and ink drying on the contract.

As for Cuellar ... I can't see any reason in pressing through with this today. He won't play for another months or so, thus he could well be the last signing of this window with no problem at all.

EDIT: And it is quite interesting to see that after all the speculation about Cuellar going to Espanyol instead of us, it was HIS agent who offered him to Espanyol, not them wanting him. So much about agent-/newspaper-talk and credibility.

Edited by der Berliner