Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

RANGERS have rejected Burnley's offer of �£1million plus stopper Andre Bikey for their ex-striker Kyle Lafferty.

SunSport understands Clarets boss Eddie Howe was prepared to include giant Cameroon defender Bikey as part of the package to snare Lafferty.

But any move has been blocked - a sign that new Gers gaffer McCoist sees hitman Lafferty as a key part of his long-term plans.

Surprised there's been no reaction here. Why did we dismiss this out of hand? IMO Bikey could do a job, he's full of EPL experience, while Lafferty - I'm sorry but 3 or 4 good ganes in May is not good enough for Rangers. He seems to be the one player at Ibrox who is untouchable.

In my eyes its Burley trying to ship out Bikey as he is in his final year and probably a high earner and nobody wants him. So Burley thought we will put a cheeky type bid in for Lafferty. If this was mid season about a year and half ago I might have considered it but not now.

Wasn't there a report on "Whyte wanting to hand Ally 15m and we are trying to finally get Bartley ... and Cuellar". Dunno, but if Cuellar wants to go to Spain, Bartley would still be a decent choice. Well, all depends on people wanting to sell their players (at the right price) and people willing to come. Wishlists are just that, wishlists.

More Kenny Miller news

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=827

Kenny Miller has sent a message to the Busaspor management via his agent, informing them of his desire to return to Scotland in order to be closer to his family. The Scottish international has also agreed a contract with Scottish Premier League side, Glasgow Rangers.

Bursaspor have therefore targeted Sierra Leone international Mohamed Bangura as Kenny Millers replacement. The 21 year old international currently plays for Swedish club AIK, scoring 11 goals in 27 appearances in his first season.

I'd take him - has to be better than Papac and Wallace. And if he's as good as our last Greek I'd be very happy.

A "know-nothing-about" from a team that got relegated from the BL last season ahead of a solid left-back who delivered three titles over the last three seasons? Well, well ...

BTW, our FF-friend from Turkey said that TurkishFootball mentions Miller having already agreed a deal with us and Bursa already eyeing a replacement from Sweden. (Ah ... see above for that!)

More Kenny Miller news

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=827

Kenny Miller has sent a message to the Busaspor management via his agent, informing them of his desire to return to Scotland in order to be closer to his family. The Scottish international has also agreed a contract with Scottish Premier League side, Glasgow Rangers.

Bursaspor have therefore targeted Sierra Leone international Mohamed Bangura as Kenny Millers replacement. The 21 year old international currently plays for Swedish club AIK, scoring 11 goals in 27 appearances in his first season.

Kenny Miller really needs to man up. When he was down in England he wanted to move to Scotland to be nearer his family.

A "know-nothing-about" from a team that got relegated from the BL last season ahead of a solid left-back who delivered three titles over the last three seasons? Well, well ...

I don't think any of us knew anything about Ortiz, a player from a relegated team. Yet he seems not bad so far.

I'm not quite sure you can say Papac delivered us a league the last 3 years, he's merely an adequate player who's been part of this title winning run.

But from your logic, if you don't know of a player we're in for, he's automatically inferior to any player in our current team because said player has been part of a title winning run?

Kinda weird, don't you think?