Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Why does he keep moving away from his beloved family if he KNOWS he'll want back so soon? I don't get it. I don't think money comes into it either.

The life of a footballer is an extremely nomadic one. Sometimes they know they will have to make a move abroad or away from them. It sucks but this is one of the many reasons footballers get so much money.

I'd like to see Miller back in a Rangers jersey. He did the business for us but he needs to be careful. The same fans who never gave him a chance after e signed for us 2nd time round will be out for him again.

He is a wee money grabbing whore though.

Well the truth is his form for us merited more than we were offering, and Bursa came in giving him a fortune. So he either stayed and got paid less than he was worth, or moved and got more than he was worth.

I've decided I want him back. For the SPL he's simply marvelous. CL he's sucked in, frankly.

I got told about SWP on thursday by someone in football and laughed it off. The tonight it's appeared online and genuinely has me scratching my chin.

A loan would not be unrealistic as Weiss will have given us a glowing report. But then we have read that Mancini diesn't rate the SPL hence why Weiss wont be back on loan.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

RANGERS director of football Gordon Smith will today try to convince Carlos Cuellar to snub La Liga and return to Ibrox.

Espanyol are also interested in the Spanish stopper who is quitting Aston Villa.

Smith and chief operations officer Ali Russell will continue signing talks with Cuellar and his agent Pedro Bravo after a �£2million fee was agreed with Villa.

Gers no longer want Espanyol defender Raul Rodriguez and Smith said: "I've heard Espanyol are also interested in Carlos. It depends on whether the boy prefers to go back to Spain and play for them - or come back to Scotland and play for his old club.

"I'm not certain about it yet. We've only just agreed a fee with Aston Villa.

"It would be wrong to say we're poised to sign him. There is still a lot of work to be done.

"But we're hoping that coming back to Rangers is where his ambition lies.

"He enjoyed his football here while we can also offer him Champions League possibilities."

Smith and Gers boss Ally McCoist fear being gazumped by the Spaniards over wages with the �£45,000-a-week Cuellar facing a drop of at least �£20,000 on that to play for the SPL champions again.

McCoist, who saw veteran skipper Davie Weir sign a new one-year deal on Saturday, said: "A bid has been accepted so it's just a matter of thrashing out a deal with Carlos and his representatives. You would have to ask Carlos if the financial side is going to be a problem.

"I'm hoping it's not too much of a problem, but I can't answer for him.

"But I have spoken to him and he seems keen enough to come, which is encouraging to me."

McCoist would also love to bring Kenny Miller back from Bursaspor.

He added: "I spoke to Kenny's representative the other day about another matter.

"I asked how Kenny was getting on and he said he didn't know because Bursaspor are moving the goalposts in terms of a move anywhere."

Meanwhile, Arsenal stopper Kyle Bartley, could be back at Ibrox for a second loan spell within days.

Bartley made a playing comeback last week after suffering medial ligament damage for Gers back in March.

Bartley, 20, said: "I hope to know by the early part of this week what Arsene Wenger's feelings are.

"I don't want to be fifth or sixth choice at Arsenal. I'd rather be playing more regularly and Rangers would be perfect."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3700379/Snub-La-Liga-for-us-Carlos.html#ixzz1SR3Vs8Dd

Jul 18 2011 Keith Jackson

RANGERS are on the brink of walking away from their protracted attempts to sign David Goodwillie.

Record Sport can reveal Ibrox boss Ally McCoist has become frustrated by the complexities surrounding any deal for the 22-year-old who is facing a possible court appearance on a rape charge.

McCoist had been hoping the allegation would be dropped and Goodwillie cleared without the player being dragged into the dock.

But the Tannadice striker is now bracing himself for a trial date later this year and has hired QC Paul McBride as his defence lawyer.

Rangers will certainly not risk shelling out close to �£2million for a player who could then be hammered with a prison sentence.

They are also increasingly unlikely to offer United a lump sum up front, with the rest to follow depending on the outcome of the case.

The growing belief within Ibrox last night was that any deal for the player would simply be too risky at this stage and that McCoist should concentrate on other targets, with a centre-half top priority.

With skipper Davie Weir and Lee McCulloch suspended for Saturday's curtain-raiser against Hearts, McCoist is desperately short of options.

Madjid Bougherra - who had expressed a desire to quit the club this summer - now looks sure to be denied a move and will see out the last 12 months of his current contract.

And McCoist's attempts to sign long-term target Carlos Cuellar from Aston Villa are still ongoing after the two clubs agreed on a �£2million fee.

But La Liga outfits Espanyol and Villarreal are on Cuellar's case and McCoist was concerned yesterday that the defender may even have travelled to Spain for talks with either side over the weekend.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2011/07/18/rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-prepares-to-walk-away-from-david-goodwillie-talks-86908-23278832/

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Shaun Wright-Phillips is in America impressing on tour for Manchester City, I highly doubt he's signing for Rangers tomorrow tweeps #RFC

Rangers have agreed a fee with Aston Villa for Carlos Cuellar, who will now decide whether to return to Ibrox.

"We're examining what's best for Carlos. He likes the idea of returning," said his agent on Sunday.

I'm clinging onto that small quote.

Please Carlos, like it enough to do it.

Oh yeah, another rumour flying around that a midfielder is set to sign today. The name Gennaro Gattuso has been mentioned.

I believe this rumour to be another load of hokum.