Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Kenny Miller deal looks dead in the water after another low offer by us. Apparently on his way to Cardiff today

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/263080-bursaspor-reject-rangers-bid-for-kenny-miller/

Oh yeah is that Bursaspor calling the kettle black after their Whittaker offers ;)

Could see an improved offer from us or attention turned back to Goodwillie.

Another day, another lack of any positive transfer news.

It's quite depressing really. All we've done this window is extend the contract of 2 key players, and Steven Whittaker, and sign one decent looking winger.

The squad needed major surgery - it just hasn't happened.

Can't we just highjack their bid for this striker from Sweden? From his stats, he looked promising ...

I see we've been clever with this Bedoya chap too (stv):

STV understands that Rangers are willing to wait until January to try and sign USA international Alejandro Bedoya.

However, an Ibrox source has told STV that they will not be increasing their existing bid, which was rejected by Swedish side Orebro.

Instead they will offer Bedoya a pre-contract and hope to land the versatile midfielder when his deal expires at the end of the year.

Edited by der Berliner

Can't we just highjack their bid for this striker from Sweden? From his stats, he looked promising ...

I would massive LOL if we did that. I still love how they slag us off after offering us peanuts for whittaker.

Another day, another lack of any positive transfer news.

It's quite depressing really. All we've done this window is extend the contract of 2 key players, and Steven Whittaker, and sign one decent looking winger.

The squad needed major surgery - it just hasn't happened.

I see what you did there :admin: but I do agree. I only hope we see a flurry of suitable signing activity in the coming days / weeks.

In fact if Durrant was so impressed by Daniel Larsson then why not makle a move to sign him?

Larsson is a 24 year old striker out of contract in the summer of 2012 with a suggested �£2m price tag. Or, as others have suggested, Bursaspor target Ibrahim Teteh Bangura. A 21 year old striker contracted until the summer of 2013 with a �£1m price tag.

Although the latter would no doubt be hindered by a work permit.

Edit: Mattias Ran�©gie of BK H�¤cken is another striker performing consistently well in the Swedish league.

Edited by Stefanovitch

I think the issue about a couple of the players we want is that the manager wants them to be experienced/ready for the rigours of the SPL. Goodie and Miller provide that - other names (though interesting) are perhaps more of a risk at the same kind of outlay.

In any case, up front isn't really a position we desperately need to strengthen given we have Healy and Beatte still at the club. Are they good enough? Debatable but what's the point in having them if they're not trusted to deliver?

Generally, I don't think there's a huge panic to get people in. We have enough in our current squad to get past Malmo and Hearts. The ghosts of Kaunus are present though so the manager better be aware of the risks involved.