Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I thought McCoist said we couldnt "do a Jelavic" this season ?

Does the signing of Juhasz mean that he will be the last entrant to the squad or does it mean Whyte is front-loading some of the transfer funds ? Or, the third option, are the financial powers at Ibrox seeing him as a 1.8 million signing given the 1.7 received for Bougherra.

Actually, thinking about it, Bougherra was hoped to stay which would have allowed him to walk for nothing next year. Anyone at the club thinking he would stay after this season would have been naive in the extreme. So this guy is of similar age to Bougherra and will cost us a net 1.8 million. Not too shabby. Only downside being that he, too, seems to see us as a stepping stone.

I actually think we need to see another 3 or 4 or even 5 players coming in. 2 CB's (would give us Goian, Juhasz, Bartley & Weir - would love to see Cuellar the 2nd CB signing - which would give us options at CB, something we havent had for a couple of years. We need more creativity in midfield. Would be happy to go with Davis & Ness, but would like to see more creation. That said, it looks like we will sign this guy McKay for the left and we still have Bedoya coming in Jan for the right. We also could be doing with more firepower up front. Hopefully we get plenty of joy from the Naismith & Jelavic connection but the back-up seems to be Lafferty & Healy - not exactly a scary proposition for opposition defenders, although they CAN do a job. RB is also a problem given Whittaker's shocking form, but I would persevere with Broadfoot there - in fact, McMillan did OK on Saturday in that position too.

Hmmmm, after that rambling.....

2CB's

1CM - CREATIVE

1ST

Ohhhh, and Lionel Messi would be nice too :D

I saw on another forum that Juhasz might not use us as a stepping stone. He doesn't really have much time to get into the EPL, would an EPL side pay over what we paid for 29/30 year old? I doubt it unless he is exceptional.

Plus Messi wouldn't work in our side. Controversially I think a certain C.Ronaldo would work better.. :P

Juhasz is supposedly a fine, fine defender so that will explain the relatively high cost.

I think he'll prove his worth over the next few years as he'll be an important part of the team's spine.