Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Agree he would be high on my list. I would also like us to try something new. Go and get either a spanish or dutch manager and same with all the coaching staff. And try it for more than 6 months this time. We need to change the clubs attitude to playing football imo.

We tried something "new" with PLG and it was an unmitigated disaster, moreso than McCoist.

I am not averse to having ANY coach of ANY nationality - but be careful what you wish for. Plus, who would want to come into Rangers from abroad and ply their trade at the lowest level of the backwater known as Scotland ?

We tried something "new" with PLG and it was an unmitigated disaster, moreso than McCoist.

I am not averse to having ANY coach of ANY nationality - but be careful what you wish for. Plus, who would want to come into Rangers from abroad and ply their trade at the lowest level of the backwater known as Scotland ?

The PLG was a joke and false from SDM from day 1.

SDM bought us fans off with the name of PLG when at the same time had no intentions of backing him with support or money. It was a classic move from SDM.

craig you are not balanced in any shape or form when it comes to Ally, we were already behind them and out of 4 cups, facts that you just dont seem to want to deal with but they are facts.

Also your other post is utter nonsense, we had 9 intenational players on the park at the w-end again a part time team and you could not tell the diff between the 2 teams. You have to deal with the fact he has been a disaster as a manager.

For me,this post says it all.

Why were you taking a terrible dislike to Walter ? 3 consecutive league titles, a bunch of domestic cups, a UEFA final.... and you were taking a "terrible dislike" to him ??

Not calling you out, just dont understand how you could feel that way.

domestic success is a given in scotland for rangers, we are up against only one other club, despite drawing our way to a uefa final the football on show for 4 years under him was a turn off, i hated it. i didnt mean disliking as a person, he is a club legend, but the way he had us playing and the respect he paid to lesser opponents etc made me angry at times. as a football manager i think he is vastly vastly over rated, possibly why he has not been touted for any other jobs anywhere.

not nearly as boring as hearing the same few people desperately trying to justify allys position.

as i said you would think some, including yourself, like to see us fail so you can slate McCoist or any other staff member you don't like at every opportunity. i'm not saying you have to like managers or players, there's been plenty I haven't in the past but they get my full backing when they are there on the pitch and also I give them a chance, as in a season or 2 before judging them too harshly. given our very different circumstances this season and given that we were 2nd in the SPL last season under very difficult circumstances and what he has done and said for/about us in that time he will continue to get my full backing for a while yet and i'm sure the majority are in the same boat.

you don't like him or rate him fair enough but some of the insults you have been coming out with against him and some of our own people is poor and i don't understand our own so called fans doing that.

mccoist could not get the european results le guen got. le guens failing was the attitude of scottish players in the dressing room, was that his fault though? debatable imo. saying that i dont believe these players are playing for ally and never have.

Because it happened. And because his detractors are conveniently ignoring it.

I for one remember full well those European defeats - I dont get to many games being over here but I was a pretty excited Bear taking my 7yr old to the Malmo game at Ibrox and, you know what ? We lost that game... yes, we did. However, do you recall ANY of what happened in the game ? It was the kind of game that could easily have ended up being 5-2 or 5-3 to us. Naismith missed TWO absolute sitters that night and there were plenty of other missed chances too. Malmo had their chances too but realistically, we had enough to score plenty ourselves.

So, if you recall, we lost thanks to an absolute howler from Whittaker and two missed sitters from one of our top 2 players. I am curious as to how those individual errors computes into being something the manager could have changed ?

I fully understand that, ultimately, results are the responsibility of the manager, and McCoist will be no different. If we drop points AND play shite then he will be on a very shoogly peg. Even if we dont drop points but play shite there will be plenty who want him gone. But when you have individual errors such as happened in the Malmo game then it is really tough to legislate for that as a manager. Where the failing would be is if the same errors perpetuated continually.

I still think that 3 games into the season to be talking about sacking him is far too early. This is, effectively, still our pre-season. We only just found out we would even be playing football this year.

All you say is true mate but it can't hide the fact he was caught out badly by Dundee Utd and Falkirk, as you say it's our preseason would you expect that team to go to Peterhead and win a preseason game because I would and Peterhead would have been out to win it even if it was a preseason game.

I've never actually cried for Ally to be sacked, but I'm extremely worried that he doesnt have it as a manager when what we really need is a bloody good manager to rebuild the whole team set up from ground up. He's keeps making the same mistakes again and again if that doesnt get alarm bells ringing then I don't know what will.

I really really hope he proves me wrong because I love the man, but if he ain't got it he ain't got it and no amount of hero worship will change that I'm afraid.

as i said you would think some, including yourself, like to see us fail so you can slate McCoist or any other staff member you don't like at every opportunity. i'm not saying you have to like managers or players, there's been plenty I haven't in the past but they get my full backing when they are there on the pitch and also I give them a chance, as in a season or 2 before judging them too harshly. given our very different circumstances this season and given that we were 2nd in the SPL last season under very difficult circumstances and what he has done and said for/about us in that time he will continue to get my full backing for a while yet and i'm sure the majority are in the same boat.

you don't like him or rate him fair enough but some of the insults you have been coming out with against him and some of our own people is poor and i don't understand our own so called fans doing that.

that peterhead result ruined my weekend, much the same way our european exit ruined the whole season for me.

insults? :S

what was the excuse for the same failings last season frankie?

IMHO we started playing badly when (I assume) the situation behind the scenes was becoming more widely known amongst the staff and players.

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of McCoist as I think he's shown only limited signs of being able to do the business. However, I do appreciate there are extenuating circumstances and I'm prepared to wait longer than one match in a new era before calling for his head.