Seems to be one rule for Rangers supporters and one rule for everyone else. If you wanna crack down on distasteful chanting then fair enough. Focus should simply stand in the home end of every away ground we visit when you here the H word. But hey nothin creates a headline more than a Rangers fan up in court on a sectarian songs charge.

One of my fellow German Bears got this going over at FF, feel free to complain (to UEFA et al):

The Double Standards must end! Fight fire with fire!

Celtic v Amsterdam - 22nd October 2013

Cheer up Frank de Boer Orange Bastard

http://www.vidup.de/v/tS14S/

Lyrics: <<Cheer up Frank de Boer,

oh what can it mean, to a sad Orange Bastard and a shite football team.>>

"Offensive sectarian language is still used in Scotland on a daily basis, with abusive terms such as “Hun” and “Orange Bastard” being used negatively against Protestants." Source: Nil by Mouth http://nilbymouth.org/history/ )

Roll of Honour

http://www.vidup.de/v/YBDLD/

Lyrics: >>Read the roll of honour for Ireland's bravest men

We must be united in memory of the ten,

England you're a monster, don't think that you have won

We will never be defeated while Ireland has such sons.<<

(The song commemorates the participants in the 1981 Irish hunger strike, which praises the 10 IRA terrorists.)

Celtic v Barcelona - 2nd October 2013

The Boys of the old Brigade - I joined the IRA

http://www.vidup.de/v/ArMmS/

Lyrics: <<Oh, son, I see in mem’ry's view

A far off distant day

When being just a lad like you

I joined the IRA.

Where are the lads that stood with me

When history was made?

A Ghra Mo Chroi, I long to see

The boys of the old brigade.>>

The lyrics says it all.

Oh Ah up the Ra

http://www.vidup.de/v/jrNgj/

(Up the Ra for Up the IRA)

Cliftonville v Celtic - 17th July 2013

Roll of Honour

http://www.vidup.de/v/5yQ7s/

(see above)

The Boys of the Old Brigade – I joined the IRA

http://www.vidup.de/v/m7ZFK/

(see above)

Complaint to FARE

http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/Pq1UiJc040aOsFaHdeMwV

or

info@farenet.org

Complaint to UEFA

info@uefa.com

It makes sense! Fight fire with fire!

One can obviosuly mark out that the Frank de Boer song is both racist (against the Dutchman) and sectarian/discriminatory, as it is primarily levelled at Rangers players and managers (youtube gives you some 17k hits within 0.3 secs if you check for "Cheer up Walter Smith"). "Uh ah up the RA" and "Boys of the Old Brigade" (for which the Yahoos have been done for already) are sectarian to the core, as well as forbidden under the Terrorist Act 2006 (which never reached Scotland, it seems).

The legislation and the formation of FoCUS came out of the so called "shame game" and was introduced because the SG were concerned about the damage it was doing to Scotland's worldwide reputation.

Really? More mountains out of molehills then.

I live in England. If anyone's staunch football fans would remember that so called shame game and see it as tarnishing Scotland's worldwide reputation it would be our closest neighbours. I don't know anyone down here who could recall the game, the incidents or has had their opinion influenced by it.

More using sledgehammers to crack a walnut.

If our higher powers are worried about how we appear worldwide they should stop overstating our sectarianism "problems" a million fold. Stop turning every small incident into a national scandal. Play it down because as you and amms have shown it is less than one third of 1% of fans engaging in such behaviour.

I fail to see what anyone's political affiliations has to do with this issue.

The fact of the matter is that regardless who got into power at Holyrood, this idiotic legislation was being brought in. I know just as many cyber Celtic fans who are equally upset and angry at what they see as their tribe being targeted unfairly, just like their polar opposites in the Rangers support.

Rangers fans should be focussing on ousting the Board before things get worse, not wasting time and resources in figuring out what silly and 'offensive/inappropriate' songs they can sing.

IMHO. :)

People can try and oust the board if they want but more than one battle can be fought at the same time.

Jeso... this thread is quickly putting me off football all together. Is it too much to ask for 11 guys in your colours trying to kick a ball into a flipping net?UVF, Boys from the Old Brigade, Orange bar stewards, Bobby Sands mean feck all to me and anyone I class a friend tbh. Now we're being told who to vote for based on this issue?

Can someone wake me up when we get to the 21st Century.... friggin had it with all this pish

Jeso... this thread is quickly putting me off football all together. Is it too much to ask for just watching 11 guys in your colours trying to kick a ball into a flipping net?UVF' date=' Boys from the Old Brigade, Orange bar stewards, Bobby Sands mean feck all to me and anyone I class a friend tbh. [b']Now we're being told who to vote for based on this issue? [/b]

Can someone wake me up when we get to the 21st Century.... friggin had it with all this pish

Well, aye, but you're not really going to pay any attention to anyone who comes out with such stuff, are you? Yes its embarrassing when Rangers supporters represent the club in such a light, but if the likes of yourself wave goodbye to the football, it leaves the field open to the foil hat brigade to drag Rangers backwards.

Well, aye, but you're not really going to pay any attention to anyone who comes out with such stuff, are you? Yes its embarrassing when Rangers supporters represent the club in such a light, but if the likes of yourself wave goodbye to the football, it leaves the field open to the foil hat brigade to drag Rangers backwards.

I hear you Andy but this daily debate about singing songs about murderers, gun runners, et all. makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. I fear it's a fight we cannot win tbh

I am not arguing about the inference of the word "orange" in this context; I am just saying that a smart lawyer could mount a stiff defense.

Yes they could indeed make arrests for Breach of the Peace but one of the main reasons for the introduction of the OBA was that the police were increasingly unable to obtain convictions for Breach of the Peace (where as I understand it, it is necessary to demonstrate that a person has been placed in a state of fear and alarm) in the contect of football matches because the standard defence was that it was "normal" or "acceptable" behaviour at football matches to sing offensive songs about the opposition or its fans.

The whole point of the Act was to take away that defence; but by adding the "incite public disorder" clause it became more or less self defeating.

I suspect BH its more political rather legalistic. Case law is Scotland has determined Police Officers themselves can be witnesses to provide corroboration of alarm/annoyance/distress.

I hear you Andy but this daily debate about singing songs about murderers' date=' gun runners, et all. makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. I fear it's a fight we cannot win tbh[/quote']

As I keep saying, can you not just be happy with your own personal views?

Don't know if i've misunderstood Andy but to my last breath i'll tell people not to vote SNP, don't think that's so bad even if you disagree.