I hear you Andy but this daily debate about singing songs about murderers' date=' gun runners, et all. makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. I fear it's a fight we cannot win tbh[/quote']

It's a fight that will take a long time but change will continue to be made. Look at the song sheet compared to 20 years ago. Look at the make up of our support as well. Society is becoming more secular and there are more inter-faith marriages happening. In addition, a more stable situation on Northern Ireland make the chants less relevant to those who have not lived through the IRA bombings etc.

I'd say that the younger element of our support is a lot different from what it was 20 yeras ago as well. A lot less "stauch unionists". You can see the attitudes changing when you compare FF and RM, with RM being in general a lot younger and they therefore do not necessarily have the same opinions when it come to such things. Also those who argue the point well on here will also have an impact.

I would expect that things to have changed even further when we look at it in another 20 years.

I hear you Andy but this daily debate about singing songs about murderers, gun runners, et all. makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. I fear it's a fight we cannot win tbh

I fear you're right, but they'll never drag The Rangers down without a fight from me.

I saw yesterday Toure, of Man City, being abused in Moscow & the suggestion has been made that his side should have walked off. My persistent nightmare is that the traditionalists persist with their repertoire right up and into our European return, upon which bodies like FARE organise a walk off during a game, and we are broadcast across the world as a bunch of fundamentalist loonballs.

There will be no coming back from that...that's why it's so important to drive home the message again and again, not so much to the mentalists but to the alarmingly large body of apparently clever and normal fans who can't bring themselves to drop the shit of the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's, that they have an absolute duty to the club we all love to realise that we do not exist in a social vacuum, and that behaving as if we do will only result in harm to The Rangers. Like you I'm bored stupid debating this stuff over and over again but if we don't, it will be Rangers that suffers.

It's a fight that will take a long time but change will continue to be made. Look at the song sheet compared to 20 years ago. Look at the make up of our support as well. Society is becoming more secular and there are more inter-faith marriages happening. In addition, a more stable situation on Northern Ireland make the chants less relevant to those who have not lived through the IRA bombings etc.

I'd say that the younger element of our support is a lot different from what it was 20 yeras ago as well. A lot less "stauch unionists". You can see the attitudes changing when you compare FF and RM, with RM being in general a lot younger and they therefore do not necessarily have the same opinions when it come to such things. Also those who argue the point well on here will also have an impact.

I would expect that things to have changed even further when we look at it in another 20 years.

Good points mate. Just had enough of this. It's bad enough that our club is a shambles from top to bottom but this keek is the poison cherry on a very manky cake

Don't know if i've misunderstood Andy but to my last breath i'll tell people not to vote SNP, don't think that's so bad even if you disagree.

Entirely your right to do so, I don't think it's good or bad, just a democratic right. What is not worth paying attention to is those who say 'You're a Rangers fan so you can't be a this or that' - that's just daft and gets ignored, by me, anyway.

I fear you're right, but they'll never drag The Rangers down without a fight from me.

I saw yesterday Toure, of Man City, being abused in Moscow & the suggestion has been made that his side should have walked off. My persistent nightmare is that the traditionalists persist with their repertoire right up and into our European return, upon which bodies like FARE organise a walk off during a game, and we are broadcast across the world as a bunch of fundamentalist loonballs.

There will be no coming back from that...that's why it's so important to drive home the message again and again, not so much to the mentalists but to the alarmingly large body of apparently clever and normal fans who can't bring themselves to drop the shit of the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's, that they have an absolute duty to the club we all love to realise that we do not exist in a social vacuum, and that behaving as if we do will only result in harm to The Rangers. Like you I'm bored stupid debating this stuff over and over again but if we don't, it will be Rangers that suffers.

Dont think we need to drag ourselves into the racism row. Doing the mhanks work for them here.

This is from the original post

Taken from FF

Sectarian Songs are now being targetted by the Focus group...

...Focus are filming the crowd and if you are identified and witnessed singing these songs you will be arrested for this

.... only right I try and warn fellow Supporters.

----------------------------

Ironic isn't it that on the day we learn the Focus Group are heading to Fife to film 'Gers fans to catch them singing 'sectarian' songs - the mhanky mob in their thousands are getting away with it later that night and not a mention of it in our news reports.

Disgusting.

FF Squad Member

Default Update Re: QC and Alleged Banned Songs

Hi all,

Just thought I would give you all a wee update. Just spent 20 minutes on the phone with the QC. He is of the opinion, that from the pub’s point of view, that we are not breaking any laws with the songs that we play (he has been in the pub before the game and knows where we draw the line). Anyone that is in The Louden would not be offended by the songs that we play.

I told him what I intend to do with regards to clarifying our position with the proper licensing requirements. He is in total agreement with me that this is the appropriate route to take.

While I was on the phone I asked him about songs like Father’s Advice being sung in the stadium and on the street. He is of the opinion that if the Rangers Support banded together and sought a QC who deals with criminal matters’ advice to confirm that in his opinion, specific songs are not illegal or would not cause offence to a normal person then while it would not necessarily stop you being arrested, it would give you a great defence in court. He believes the charges would be dismissed. He also stated that if fans are arrested and asked why they are singing a song like Father’s Advice, if the supporter tells the officer that he is singing to commemorate those who fought for our freedom in the First World War then no offence has been committed (Though the add-ons may complicate matters).

My take on it is that we should celebrate our culture and ignore theirs – Sing the songs proudly but leave out the add-ons.

I will keep you up to date as we progress – I don’t do walking away .

Thanks

Follow Follow us on Twitter: @TheLoudenTavern

One Rangers… No Factions – http://www.thelouden.co.uk

We Are The People

God Bless The Rangers

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium - More than a Pub

Official Partner of The Rangers Football Club

*We are responsible for The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium, 111 Copland Road, Ibrox, G51 2SL solely and are not involved in the operation of any other premises