For me, (and only IF it came to it!) McCall and McInnes are the best options, but only if they came in at significantly lower wage cost than Ally is on even at his 50% reduced wage.

What I really want to see though, is Super Ally taking us to the Premiership title. After everything we've been through as a club, seeing Ally and his players lifting that silverware would just be the dogs bollocks!

For me, (and only IF it came to it!) McCall and McInnes are the best options, but only if they came in at significantly lower wage cost than Ally is on even at his 50% reduced wage.

What I really want to see though, is Super Ally taking us to the Premiership title. After everything we've been through as a club, seeing Ally and his players lifting that silverware would just be the dogs bollocks!

Having Ally in charge is pretty much the last thing I want at the moment. He is basically the antithesis of a good modern day football manager.

Having Ally in charge is pretty much the last thing I want at the moment. He is basically the antithesis of a good modern day football manager.

Ally is still essentially a rookie manager despite serving as Walter's assistant, but he's been working under absolutely unprecedented circumstances for a Rangers manager, so I think the majority of fans will rally behind him and want him to take us back to a top flight title.

Super Cooper, as I said on here fairly recently . . .

One lesson that needs to be learned from recent years - I don't think we can afford to employ another manager who was a playing hero.

Many who defend Ally are doing so out of a sense of loyalty to a guy who was a fantastic player for us: a genuine legend. They just cannot bring themselves to admit that Ally might not have the credentials to do the job we would all like him to do.

People who cannot handle McCoist being criticised sometimes even go as far as to suggest that the Rangers manager shouldn't be criticised at all. 'Ally's a true blue - leave him alone'.

With this in mind, it's probably better to avoid all the ex-Gers who are in management unless their records are so exceptional that they just cannot be ignored - like the recently retired Alex Ferguson.

If Gough, for example, came in and made a hash of things, we'd have to go through all this turmoil again.

When Ally goes, whenever that is, I think it may be advisable to seek out a replacement who has never worn our colours at all.

Yes, it's sad that it has come to this, but in the long run it might be a lot less troublesome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I really want that too, Zappa. I'd also like to win enough on Euromillions to buy over Rangers (the only reason I put the ridiculous thing on).

However, I have to plan my life around the oft repeated lesson that wishes are not oft realities.

PS, I've lost my glasses and that took me 6 re-edits - for two lines. I'm going offline till I find them!