Then he should walk, he must be aware of what is going on. So let him walk away and state why. Let the fans make up their minds. He doesn't need the money

At the moment, when McCost speaks, he speaks as Ally McCoist Rangers legend and Manager of Rangers FC.

If McCoist walks away, he's Ally McCoist disgruntled ex-employee.

Which of those two positions do you think offers the better chance of protecting the club?

The biggest success the rats have had is to have gotten to the stage where a thread like this can have the title it does.

And would that benefit the club? Would he win a PR battle against the directors? I'm not sure. There may be smear and counter-smear and that isn't going to do much good and allows the directors free reign to do what they want. I'm not convinced that him walking is the answer.

it's clearly not, Bd. I can't think of any instance, any where any time, where someone has been able to leave an organisation and exert more influence over than organisation.

McCoist walking would be delivering the club lock, stock(s) and barrel into the hands of the spivs.

I actually don't believe they'll think twice about paying him off, then they can then point at him and say look at how much he 'stole' from the club afterwards too.

But by smearing him and the players they can make his position untenable, they can severely up the pressure on him. Remember we're still unbeaten in the league and it's almost February, simply removing him would still be very unpopular with many of us. That can change though, views can be influenced particularly by skilled practitioners of that craft.

I believe he's already 'toast' because the decision to go for him has clearly already been taken and the dogs have been let loose. I don't see how he comes back from that, no one else has so far.

The fans need to let it be known to the Club that we want to have the biggest say in this, but sadly there's a very high chance that the voice of the fans will be ignored.

A huge percentage of the fans want the Club to get rid of Brian Stockbridge and Jack Irvine/Media House, but those wishes are being ignored.

Conversely, I'd imagine that a very large percentage of the fans want the Club to keep Ally McCoist and get right behind him in the right way rather than trying to shaft him up the rear end.

It's totally sickening because while they're ignoring the fans wishes on Stockbridge and Irvine, you can be damn sure that if the fans demanded the removal of McCoist, then the board would bite our hands off and have him sacked before you could blink.

At the moment, when McCost speaks, he speaks as Ally McCoist Rangers legend and Manager of Rangers FC.

If McCoist walks away, he's Ally McCoist disgruntled ex-employee.

Which of those two positions do you think offers the better chance of protecting the club?

The biggest success the rats have had is to have gotten to the stage where a thread like this can have the title it does.

The past does not count, what can he do in his current position as Rangers manager that protects the club?

Disgruntled ex employee or not his voice would carry more weight if he could speak freely. Him still being there sends a message that things can't be that bad

There is a tendency to forget that even the Rangers manager has a life outside of football. If Ally is being smeared and he feels that there are people on the board actively working against him, who can blame him, if he no longer wants to operate in an unhelpful environment?

it's clearly not, Bd. I can't think of any instance, any where any time, where someone has been able to leave an organisation and exert more influence over than organisation.

McCoist walking would be delivering the club lock, stock(s) and barrel into the hands of the spivs.

How does him staying prevent that?

The past does not count, what can he do in his current position as Rangers manager that protects the club?

Disgruntled ex employee or not his voice would carry more weight if he could speak freely. Him still being there sends a message that things can't be that bad

Can you think of an example of someone who was in a position of power within an organisation and then left that organisation whose voice then carrried more weight and had more influence?

How does him staying prevent that?

For as long as Ally stays, there is a rangers presence at Ibrox. If we allow the rats to get rid of him, there will be not a single person in positions of power that we know or can trust or that has any Rangers connection whatsoever. HMS Rangers is tied to the dockside by a single strand; Cut that strand and you'll turn HMS Rangers into the Lyubov Orlova, crewed in much the same manner.

You cannot deliver what has already been received, it is their's "lock, stock and barrel", already

I wish Ally had walked at some point in the past when he would have been in control of when and why he did so. An announcement as to the reasons could have been dynamite - not necessarily saved us from the spivs but then him being there does not either. He seems kind of lost now, stuck - it certainly doesn't not seem credible that him leaving would be a good thing (football standard aside for now) but he seems increasingly like a lame duck, far removed from reality with every passing "I must be brutally/100%/totally honest with you" interview.