Football wise I'd get shot of McCoist in a New York minute, but alas there are far more than mere football games being played and for that reason alone he needs to remain in place till at least the club is in safer hands.

Agreed. There are a lot more important and worrying issues surrounding the club than what is happening on the pitch and there is a long hard struggle ahead,never mind what is happening on the pitch which is the least of my worries right now.

This kind of thing is clearly reflective of all the politics that have been going on over the last 2 years.

Pick and choose what you believe from Stockbridge's words. I quite believe that McCoist's agent felt that he should maintain his original contract benefits but I'm not sure if I believe BS where he suggests McCoist wanted to hide his wage level.

Generally speaking while much of these leaks are worth discussing, it's difficult to form a learned opinion from bits and pieces of subjective issues.

What's most frustrating is that our club's business continues to be leaked onto the internet on a daily basis. I'm amazed the police and club cannot do more about this.

I think that forms part of the problem Frankie - Ive already discussed my concerns with Zap over these leaks and source. One thing I have noticed when they are promulgated on forums (and this may apply solely to those which appear on forums which are the only ones Ive seen) but the common theme appears to be an intention to cause unrest and disharmony at our club, or to discredit individuals connected with our club

The problem with such leaks is when one comes along which isnt to your particular liking - having previously afforded credibility to others which were - the whole situation begins to border on the ridiculous

Football wise I'd get shot of McCoist in a New York minute, but alas there are far more than mere football games being played and for that reason alone he needs to remain in place till at least the club is in safer hands.

Why?

If McCoist is seriously concerned about what is going on at Ibrox then he should walkaway and state why it would send a clear signal.

I also wish, i truly wish that one day someone will be able to quote a post from a Rangers fan stating that he or she wants us to play like Barcelona. That has got to be up there with the most annoying phrases ever used on Rangers forums. The amount of times i see and hear people using it with absolutely no evidence is incredible.

Personally i don't want to watch us passing the ball backwards and sideways for 90% of the match terrified to shoot from range trying to desperately walk the ball into the net, f*ck that. I would rather watch paint dry.

Also fwiw, me personally, my opinion on Ally has absolutely hee haw to do with anything this board have said, leaked or done, it's sadly all Allys own doing.

I used Barcelona to illustrate the point that in my opinion some of our supporters would be unhappy with the quality of football on display no matter what. Every club has supporters like that, it's an integral part of fandom and it's a supporter's prerogative. Last season supporters complained because we'd some poor results, we've not had many of them this season but some complain about the style of play. Fair enough, I've no real issue with that, we all see the games through our own prism of expectation and experience. Supporters will hold diametrically opposing views on players, managers, tactics and personalities, often based on nothing more than personal preference. That's football. I'm not criticising you, or anyone else for that, that's not the point that was being made.

My point is that some supporters are unhappy with McCoist as manager and that unhappiness is unlikely to change in the next couple of months. Those supporters already predisposed to feeling McCoist is doing a bad job are the target for this current salvo of 'stories'. That's day one at marketing school mate, target your audience. Now you personally might be impervious to these subtleties but others won't be. Every story casting doubt on McCoist's integrity, his tactical acumen, his players fitness, their training schedule, where they stay before a match and whatever else they've got planned for us will increase the pressure on McCoist and make the previously unpalatable thought of removing him from Rangers a much easier thing to do because some supporters, and only you know if you are one of them, would support that action.

We've a large section of our support who aren't as vocal in their criticism of McCoist as you are, but still aren't sure he's doing a great job. They might feel we should be playing a more fluent style of football, blooding more young players, starting MacLoed in central midfield etc. They aren't ready to turn on Ally yet though, they'll voice concern over the football but back him as a man and as someone to be trusted. I could be included in that category. No one is happy with the quality we watch, but some are willing to excuse it or at least accept it for now. So when questions suddenly arise over McCoist's honesty, his integrity, his commitment, his ability, his loyalty well some of us less inclined to publicly criticise him might start to waver on that. We might decide to stay silent and say nothing rather than defend him when he's being castigated by others.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but believe me when I tell you none of this is accidental. This is classic 'nudge theory' PR, where behaviour can be altered through positive reinforcement. A large number of us already harbour concerns over McCoist as a manager, further subtle and less subtle reinforcement of that will have an affect I guarantee it.

Why it matters is what makes me concerned, angry even. I fully accept that your antipathy to McCoist is only based on football reasons, but as others have said that's not what this is about. People in power want McCoist removed and discredited and that does concern me. Because very few decisions taken by those in power have been to better the football club and I sincerely doubt this one is either. McCoist retains a position of influence and power in our club. He's an obstacle and a potential rally point for some people and they don't want that. As always ask yourself who benefits by McCoist being turned on by the support, who benefits by McCoist being removed from the club and who benefits by having a compliant 'outsider' in the managers chair?

I'm too long in the tooth to believe this is anything to do with wanting a better side on the pitch and it frustrates me when others can't see that too.

amms;461589

Up until he took the 50% pay cut I would have agreed with you, effectively voting against the re-election of your employers to the company Board would piss any director off; no matter our views on the personalities involved. However, I'm not so sure now he's seen to have done his bit in terms of salary; reluctantly or not, it seems he was well advised. Of course a 75% cut would have been much better from that point of view and brought his salary to something that might at least be justified balancing Rangers as a Club, finances etc, with our current station in this football life.

If he's been clever then his contracted salary may still be the higher figure (even if it's a temporary cut not a deferal), so it might still cost around £1.5 million to get rid of the entire coaching staff; but even if the total is half that, can anyone really see this Board paying him and his colleagues off? So long as he does the job of winning the leagues (regardless of the quality of football we are playing) the Board will not be able to dismiss him for cause.

I actually don't believe they'll think twice about paying him off, then they can then point at him and say look at how much he 'stole' from the club afterwards too.

But by smearing him and the players they can make his position untenable, they can severely up the pressure on him. Remember we're still unbeaten in the league and it's almost February, simply removing him would still be very unpopular with many of us. That can change though, views can be influenced particularly by skilled practitioners of that craft.

I believe he's already 'toast' because the decision to go for him has clearly already been taken and the dogs have been let loose. I don't see how he comes back from that, no one else has so far.

I actually don't believe they'll think twice about paying him off, then they can then point at him and say look at how much he 'stole' from the club afterwards too.

But by smearing him and the players they can make his position untenable, they can severely up the pressure on him. Remember we're still unbeaten in the league and it's almost February, simply removing him would still be very unpopular with many of us. That can change though, views can be influenced particularly by skilled practitioners of that craft.

I believe he's already 'toast' because the decision to go for him has clearly already been taken and the dogs have been let loose. I don't see how he comes back from that, no one else has so far.

It's hard to argue against what you say; but even if he walks away, he's unlikely to do it for nothing. Do you think they have someone in mind, if so who? Perhaps it would be a bit unedifying to discuss that?

perfectly put, amms. This is not about football, this is about the character assassination of the only Rangers man left standing.

Then he should walk, he must be aware of what is going on. So let him walk away and state why. Let the fans make up their minds. He doesn't need the money

Then he should walk, he must be aware of what is going on. So let him walk away and state why. Let the fans make up their minds. He doesn't need the money

And would that benefit the club? Would he win a PR battle against the directors? I'm not sure. There may be smear and counter-smear and that isn't going to do much good and allows the directors free reign to do what they want. I'm not convinced that him walking is the answer.