with every passing "I must be brutally/100%/totally honest with you" interview.

It's odd that after so many years in TV and having done so many live interviews over the years, that he seems to need a healthy dose of professional tuition on interview techniques.

It's hard to argue against what you say; but even if he walks away, he's unlikely to do it for nothing. Do you think they have someone in mind, if so who? Perhaps it would be a bit unedifying to discuss that?

I've no idea if they've someone specific in mind, it's not a football decision so possibly not. Replacing Ally with someone is easy enough though, there's always a McLeish or a Levien or a Houston or a McCall who'll jump at the chance. Getting rid of Ally is the tough bit.

It's hard to argue against what you say; but even if he walks away, he's unlikely to do it for nothing. Do you think they have someone in mind, if so who? Perhaps it would be a bit unedifying to discuss that?

I've no idea if they've someone specific in mind, it's not a football decision so possibly not. Replacing Ally with someone is easy enough though, there's always a McLeish or a Levien or a Houston or a McCall who'll jump at the chance. Getting rid of Ally is the tough bit.

Warnock has been at Ibrox a few times over the past year or two and the last time was quite recently when he was pictured in the Directors box with Stockbridge, although the general consensus on that is simply that he likes taking in a game at Ibrox while he's up visiting family.

Not a manager I'd like to see at Ibrox because he's a bit of an arsehole and doesn't have a particularly great managerial record. Since he started out in management 28 years ago he's managed 11 clubs and his best win percentage with a club was really early in his managerial career from '89 till '93 at Notts County where he managed to get 43.06% wins, but including that spell at Notts County he's only got over 40% wins at 3 clubs from the 11 he's managed. In saying that, he didn't even need over 40% wins to win the Championship with QPR in 2010-11, so that puts a slightly different perspective on it.

Anyway, I wouldn't be a happy camper if Ally was sacked or forced to leave and replaced by someone like Warnock.

The question I would ask now is with Stockbridge gone are Ally & Co next?

IF you are going to do it; then now would seem to be the best time because the league is more or less won and it would give a new manager half a season with little or no pressure to blood more youths and build his team for SPFLC and beyond.

My money would be on McLeish perhaps on a temporary basis (though that rather goes against what I said above); McCall who would be cheap and has an excellent record with little resources at Motherwell; or better still Billy Davies whose training regime alone would put the fear of god up the players, but not sure if he would come or if we could afford him.

Another thread to rename perhaps, Zappa?

Ally was paid £175K in the 3 months to August 2012. I had presumed that his salary was £700K, but it could be that he got paid 2 months at £750K and one one month at 600K if there is any truth in the email.

Interestingly enough, most news outlets are disclosing Ally's salary as £825K prior to him agreeing to take a 50% cut. Perhaps there was a built in 10% pay increase on an annual basis in his contract as surely the directors didn't authorise this?

However all of this has to be taken with a pinch of salt as Toxic Jack has proven to be adept at feeding the press misinformation that suits the directors and as such both the email in the OP and Ally's alleged salary of £825K could be made up by him.

£825k was not his salary. That was what he got for over a year

Warnock has been at Ibrox a few times over the past year or two and the last time was quite recently when he was pictured in the Directors box with Stockbridge, although the general consensus on that is simply that he likes taking in a game at Ibrox while he's up visiting family.

Not a manager I'd like to see at Ibrox because he's a bit of an arsehole and doesn't have a particularly great managerial record. Since he started out in management 28 years ago he's managed 11 clubs and his best win percentage with a club was really early in his managerial career from '89 till '93 at Notts County where he managed to get 43.06% wins, but including that spell at Notts County he's only got over 40% wins at 3 clubs from the 11 he's managed. In saying that, he didn't even need over 40% wins to win the Championship with QPR in 2010-11, so that puts a slightly different perspective on it.

Anyway, I wouldn't be a happy camper if Ally was sacked or forced to leave and replaced by someone like Warnock.

Warnock plays poor football and isn't a great manager but I'd certainly take him over Ally or another dire manager like McLeish.

In terms of realistic Scottish managers I'd give Davies or McInnes a go. Would be great to see a decent foreign manager and coaching staff but it's a nice dream.

In terms of realistic Scottish managers I'd give Davies or McInnes a go. Would be great to see a decent foreign manager and coaching staff but it's a nice dream.

McCall, Davies or McInnes would easily get us to the SPFLP and probably a McInnes team would play the most attractive football in the process.

Once we're back where we belong we can look further afield but experience tells us that not all foreigners are what they seem!

McCall, Davies or McInnes would easily get us to the SPFLP and probably a McInnes team would play the most attractive football in the process.

Once we're back where we belong we can look further afield but experience tells us that not all foreigners are what they seem!

Just because PLG failed, it doesn't mean we shouldn't go the foreign route again. The fact PLG now manages Oman tells its own story. We unfortunately got a manager who looked great but simply wasn't.

There's a reason the vast majority of managers in the BPL are foreign, there's a reason why foreign nations are far more advanced and there's also a reason why foreign countries have far more top grade coaches than the UK.

It's pie in the sky stuff though. We can barely pass the ball two yards and have no infrastructure whatsoever. The foreign approach is just a dream. Getting someone in like McInnes who can start getting the basics right would be a start. Even if he did fail in England.