ALLY MCCOIST believes his Rangers players will face a tricky 90 minutes tomorrow and doesn’t expect them to hit eight goals like they did the last time Stenhousemuir travelled to Ibrox.

On that occasion on September 28, 2013 the Light Blues put on a terrific display to record their biggest win of the season to date with Jon Daly scoring four and Bilel Mohsni, Lee Wallace, Andy Little and David Templeton also on target in a sensational 8-0 victory.

Since then Rangers have faced Stenny twice at Ochilview Park and both matches have been far tighter affairs. On October 29 a header from Daly was enough to take Rangers through to the final of the Ramsdens Cup and a double from Nicky Law secured three League One points on January 5.

McCoist expects more of the same this weekend and the Stenhousemuir players will no doubt be out to impress with Scott Booth installed as their new manager on Tuesday.

Previous boss Martyn Corrigan stepped down on January 21 and with tomorrow’s visitors yet to enjoy a win in 2014, McCoist expects a reaction with a new face in the away dug-out.

He said: “The first game at Ibrox was very open to be honest which suited us. The two since then haven’t been and they have been hard fought victories.

"We went to Ochilview Park in the Ramsdens Cup and won 1-0 and we then had a 2-0 victory so I would fully expect a game more like that, especially as they have a new manager in charge.

“I know Scott has been working with the younger lads with the SFA and I obviously know him pretty well. I actually did think it would just be a matter of time before he went into football management.

"He’s done a lot of work doing his badges so it will be a big challenge for him but I’m looking forward to seeing how he does and I’m sure he will do well.”

Bilel Mohsni is still suspended this weekend but captain Lee McCulloch is available for selection having missed last Saturday's 2-0 victory over Ayr United at Somerset Park.

Speaking at this morning’s press conference at Murray Park, the manager gave an injury update as he prepares for tomorrow’s game.

He added: “The long term injuries are a lot better, Chris Hegarty is back training and Ross Perry and Kyle Hutton will start training with us on Monday.

“Nicky Clark has got his boot off which is good news so he’ll be a couple of weeks and the doc and Stevie (Walker) are assessing him at this moment. We are pleased with him.

“Lewis still has the viral thing which will keep him out tomorrow.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6367-stenny-will-make-it-tough

Chaps, lets make one thing clear - I was far from raising any criticism against the OP and any criticism would have been silly. I started this theme of match previews a few years ago and used to do it on a weekly basis until others joined in - so I was well open to my own criticism.

My point was when I open these threads - being away and not getting to see games I look forward to reading about team news etc. That's all. And I more than anyone know that cant always be given until maybe last minute.

Apologies if that came over wrongly. I didn't mean it to be at all.

Amms - you are a talented writer hands down. Its great to have your likes around on here.

Chaps, lets make one thing clear - I was far from raising any criticism against the OP and any criticism would have been silly. I started this theme of match previews a few years ago and used to do it on a weekly basis until others joined in - so I was well open to my own criticism.

My point was when I open these threads - being away and not getting to see games I look forward to reading about team news etc. That's all. And I more than anyone know that cant always be given until maybe last minute.

Apologies if that came over wrongly. I didn't mean it to be at all.

Amms - you are a talented writer hands down. Its great to have your likes around on here.

That was good to read Gribz, but I didn't think you came across as anything other than raising the point re content. You praised the writing in your original post too. I loved it but then I was not looking at it for "basic info". Being relatively new to this forum, I found the answers your post elicited interesting and informative.

Saturday, 22 February 2014 - KO 15.00

Scottish League One - Match Day 25 - Ibrox Stadium

scorangers.pngversus Stenhousemuir_FC_110px.png

Referee - Greg Aitken

Assistants - Brian McGarry and Duncan Williams

Missing - Ross Perry, Chris Hegarty, Kyle Hutton, Nicky Clark (all injured), Lewis Macleod (ill), Bilel Mohsni (suspended)

Live coverage on Rangers TV