As much as Celtic have been accumulating cash on one hand, their costs and wage bill must be huge and Celtic Park is 1/3 full most home games now. The State Aid thing may well come to something, all it takes is one email, one letter, one administrative omission and an investigation will be commissioned and who knows what that might turn up? 30 years of Labour/GCC assistance must have left some kind of trail.

There's also the small matter of the Co-Op bank's precarious position...£2bn losses and a complete disregard of it's ethical ethos to now be owned in no small part by hedge funds and venture capitalists. At some point one of those cosy relationships will be put under scrutiny and loyalties will be tested.

never mind them does king have the money to get control at ibrox

I'm pretty sure he will have. he would not have poisitioned himself the way he has if he didn't have the financial muscle.

King means serious business ! No backing away now - the fight for our club is well and truly on - and this Rangers man is the one to lead the charge ! :rfc:

Strong enough to be running our game and have us put out the way for a few years.

We were a basket case when Walter came back. And we were being told that Celtic would sweep everything for years to come. How did that work out for them ?

We were a basket case when Walter came back. And we were being told that Celtic would sweep everything for years to come. How did that work out for them ?

I have already said i wasn't talking about on the park. On the park they have made a complete cunt of it for the last 10 years, they should have been out of sight knowing how much stronger financially and politically they were.

never mind them does king have the money to get control at ibrox

It has been reported that with the end of his tax case, King's shares went up by more value than the fine... So if nothing else he should be worth about 50m just from that.

It has been reported that with the end of his tax case, King's shares went up by more value than the fine... So if nothing else he should be worth about 50m just from that.

I honestly believe that is small change to King. This is the guy once described to be the 'richest man in South Africa" by an SA judge. Hundreds of millions - at least I would say. One of his vineyards was reputed by be worth several millions alone.

With the business transactions he has done in his mother's name she could buy us multiple times over (and there was actually rumour while he was tied up with SARS that she may act as his proxy). And she is a season ticket holder.