I'd rather we got a scouting network and actually found some proper talent and didn't just sign crumbs from the SPFL.

Not going to happen in time for next season though.

We should bring in good quality youngsters (like Hutchinson) and pepper that with some "flair" players on our return to the Premiership.

McCulloch

Mohsni

Perry

Cribari

McAusland

Faure

Gasparotto

Halkett

Hegarty

More tools than Screwfix already.

The reality other than maybe Moshni none of them are either of the standard we require or past it in the case of Jig.

That is why Ally is looking at CB's although speaking to a Motherwell supporter at work today he described Hutchison as no more than decent

The reality other than maybe Moshni none of them are either of the standard we require or past it in the case of Jig.

That is why Ally is looking at CB's although speaking to a Motherwell supporter at work today he described Hutchison as no more than decent

None of them are the standard required but that is not the issue here Rab, we can't just keep adding players to the squad, keep giving the managers more players until he finally gets ones good enough. Fwiw, Hutchison certainly wouldn't excite me. Bougherra has said he would come back for free, why not explore than avenue? We know he is good enough, but only after we have guarantees 4 or 5 of our current centre backs are binned.

I'd rather we used Faure and Mohsni and used Gasparotto as back up.

If we're to cut costs then losing Perry, Cribari and possibly Hegary shouldn't hurt us too much though I guess signing one more centre-half if indeed these three do move on is probably a good idea.

I don't see Faure as a SPL player. He gets caught too often defending on the wrong side of the attacking player. I would hope we can release Faure and bring a better defender in as we rise to the top.

Meanwhile today's Sun seems to think that on the top of Ally's wishlist of freebies are Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd, while the crystal balls of others assume we are in for ManU's Frederico Macheda. As unlikely as the latter might be, it would actually show that McCoist looks for age and quality too. Always keeping in mind that these are rumours, of course.