I hope folks will forgive me for posting this from the Celtic web site but I found Danny McGrain's tribute very moving.

Danny McGrain: Sandy Jardine was a great man

http://www.celticfc.net/news/5760

“Sandy Jardine was a nice man, a great player. He was a nice man to have known, a nice man to have played with and a nice man to have played World Cups with.”

Carlos Cuellar ‏@Cuellar24 17h

Sandy was a very important person for me at Rangers,he was always helping me and making my adaptation so easy. He treatment me like a son...

Carlos Cuellar ‏@Cuellar24 17h

He will be a big missed for all Rangers family,always in my though. True legend and huge good person. RIP Sandy

One Of Our Greatest Sons

ec592b52e3dc938eb86fda0eaa9ffec4_XL.jpg

ALLY McCOIST dedicated Rangers’ League One title win to Sandy Jardine then said he hoped he and his players had done the legendary full-back proud.

Having unfurled the Third Division flag at the start of the season, the Light Blues’ final game of the campaign began with a minute’s silence after Jardine’s passing on Thursday.

McCoist was in tears as more than 46,000 fans paid their respects to the Barcelona Bear during the poignant tribute after growing closer to him in recent years.

A rock to McCoist in the aftermath of administration, Jardine is revered as one of the club’s very best servants of its 142-year history.

And on a day when celebrations were more muted than they’d normally be because of the 65-year-old's absence, the manager admitted he hoped he and his men had got things right.

McCoist said: “I’m not sure if strange is the right word to use but it just felt a little bit different today.

“We obviously wanted to do the right thing and that was win the game, get another three points and celebrate with the fans as we picked up the trophy.

“There’s absolutely no doubt though that the whole day was tinged with a lot of sadness due to Sandy’s passing.

“I’m really hopeful that the players just about got it right and did Sandy proud. I just hope that was the case.

“Sandy was an amazing man, an absolutely amazing man. He has been a wonderful friend and help to me in the last couple of years more than anything.

“I’ve obviously known Sandy for a long, long time but certainly, in the last couple of years, he has been great.

“I just looked at the reaction from the staff yesterday and in the stadium. The girls and guys Sandy worked with for many years were in tears.

“The stadium was wonderfully respectful to him and he was just a great human being really. Naturally, we dedicated our success this season to one of Rangers’ greatest sons.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6881-one-of-our-greatest-sons