In a sense it is a loan...you are paying for something that won't be delivered until some future date.

It's a contract not a loan, hence why we've never been given security over anything for it, and season tickets have been around since the 80s before I was even born

*rant-mode on*

From that Daily Record stuff ...

But Rangers still had the bare-faced cheek yesterday to ask fans to fork out £400 by cash or cheque with absolutely no guarantees for security of their investment or even that the club will still be in business by the end of next month.

Bare-faced cheek to ask to renew STs? No other club does that then? What rubbish!

No guarantees for security of their investment? WTF? Do you ever got a security when buying or renewing your ST ... or knew whether your club might go bust 2 months later? They sound like King's cohorts ...

Wallace’s nest is well feathered with a salary package of around £300,000, which will be boosted by £20,000 plus when Rangers return to the top flight and the same again the moment they kick a ball in UEFA competition.

Okay. So people read "BONUS" and go bananas about it? Wallace may get a bonus around this time next year (I doubt he gets one for the first 6 months in the job, but anyway), or may forfeit it. And that's 20k, i.e. former player Whittaker's weekly wage. On face value, Wallace earns less than McCulloch p.a., and probably just a little more than Black. Football clubs work different than normal companies, but you would expect that a CEO at Rangers will get such an amount. Any CEO at Rangers. These 300k or the relevant bonuses won't send our club into oblivion and as the word has become so useful of late, I call all this talk just spin-doctory at its finest. The m(h)edia loves this whole stuff, as we can see and even Gough fell into that trap. King will sure come out all guns blazing next week with the same threads and claims and allegations as before ... such a shame there is no vital cup game about. And I'd bet my bottom Euro that he'll have all sorts of interesting things to say about bonsuses too.

*rant-mode off*

It might not be a popular opinion, but Wallace, Nash and Co. have for the first time in years done a thorough break-down of the club's current state. They've been rather honest about it despite knowing what will come their way. They've inherited chaos as its finest and now get blamed from all quarters for that chaos as if it was their doing. They've presented a plan how to change course and get the club out or at least clear of the dire straits it is in. As expected, people have nothing better to do than pick their points of the report and whip up fancyful headlines and make it look as if we're heading for oblivion again. When it is anyone's guess whether we will, especially with a board that appears to be doing its job?

People all demanded clarity from the board and a plan. They got that. Some now come about and say: "I'll never go to Ibrox again unless things change!" What sort of mentality is that? Things have already changed. Maybe they hope that the White King will take over and all will be rosy? When we a) have no idea about King's plans and b) are not exactly to expect that King's directors et al will get no bonuses if we reach the SPFL, Europe, et al? What else will King do than what is outlined in the board's plans? What else will King do than to finance the club as it is (on a loss-basis for the time being, no doubt) and hand the manager some money to get us back to the top tier? If one was mean one could say that King can now take over the board's plan and work from that same hymn-sheet ... shrewd, aye?

Staggering news. Just drafted over the 20 pages but it seems there is more questions than answers from this report. Where on earth can 67 million go. That makes the great train robbery look poor.

With all due respect you don't know any of that, a clear option (however unlikely it may be in your opinion) is also for Wallace to start finally running us properly and i'm taking the option of giving him that chance, with my help.

Absolutely correct, I don't know it. But...

I don't know how far away the moon is from earth, but I know it's quite a distance.

I don't know how my car moves, but I know it does.

I don't know for certain we're going into administration again, but, really, I do.

Giving Mr Wallace more chances after this week requires a level of faith I don't have. I do struggle to reconcile the legend at the bottom of each of your posts - a sentiment I agree with, at least as far as the manager's office goes, but would never, ever put into writing - and the amount of chances you are willing to give people who have performed at least as poorly.

Your views may not, as you say, be popular, but there's no reason not to discuss them. I do feel you're taking a good deal 'on faith', though.

From that Daily Record stuff ...

Bare-faced cheek to ask to renew STs? No other club does that then? What rubbish!

No guarantees for security of their investment? WTF? Do you ever got a security when buying or renewing your ST ... or knew whether your club might go bust 2 months later? They sound like King's cohorts ...

They are. Dave King is using the Record to get across his agenda. And that's an issue I have changed my mind on recently, even including the Pacific Quay CSC. We've made our point, I actually think the media has been brought to heel with only one or two exceptions who are being protected by their employers, as we would pretty much all do for a colleague unless we hated them. To go from a 100% hostile media to Spiers (irrelevent) and Cosgrove/Spence (Tayside Axis of Imbecility) is a result for me. If King is using the media for his own ends, I think that's hardly surprising.

Your objection to 'bare-faced cheek' asking for renewals is misplaced, though. It is not bare faced cheek to ask for renewals, it is bare faced cheek to (a) ask for renewals while (b) making highly dubious statements about fan loyalty and (b) continuing to draw salary and bonus from what they themselves describe as a 'fragile' business. That is cheeky, like it or not. Frankly I would use another word, implying dishonesty.

Okay. So people read "BONUS" and go bananas about it? Wallace may get a bonus around this time next year (I doubt he gets one for the first 6 months in the job, but anyway), or may forfeit it. And that's 20k, i.e. former player Whittaker's weekly wage. On face value, Wallace earns less than McCulloch p.a., and probably just a little more than Black. Football clubs work different than normal companies, but you would expect that a CEO at Rangers will get such an amount. Any CEO at Rangers. These 300k or the relevant bonuses won't send our club into oblivion and as the word has become so useful of late, I call all this talk just spin-doctory at its finest. The m(h)edia loves this whole stuff, as we can see and even Gough fell into that trap. King will sure come out all guns blazing next week with the same threads and claims and allegations as before ... such a shame there is no vital cup game about. And I'd bet my bottom Euro that he'll have all sorts of interesting things to say about bonsuses too.

As above.

It might not be a popular opinion, but Wallace, Nash and Co. have for the first time in years done a thorough break-down of the club's current state. They've been rather honest about it despite knowing what will come their way. They've inherited chaos as its finest and now get blamed from all quarters for that chaos as if it was their doing. They've presented a plan how to change course and get the club out or at least clear of the dire straits it is in. As expected, people have nothing better to do than pick their points of the report and whip up fancyful headlines and make it look as if we're heading for oblivion again. When it is anyone's guess whether we will, especially with a board that appears to be doing its job?

The break down consists of 'we wasted money, but that was before. Not saying how, or who, but we're different.' That is it, with no proof, no black & white facts and figures. So to say

People demanded clarity and a plan. They got that.

is entering the realms of the fantastic, from my perspective. I received neither clarity nor plan yesterday and since they had nigh on 5 months to come up with both, it leaves me looking at them askance wondering whether they are just a bit rubbish or whether they are at it.

Some now come about and say: "I'll never go to Ibrox again unless things change!" What sort of mentality is that? Things have already changed. Maybe they hope that the White King will take over and all will be rosy? When we a) have no idea about King's plans and b) are not exactly to expect that King's directors et al will get no bonuses if we reach the SPFL, Europe, et al? What else will King do than what is outlined in the board's plans? What else will King do than to finance the club as it is (on a loss-basis for the time being, no doubt) and hand the manager some money to get us back to the top tier? If one was mean one could say that King can now take over the board's plan and work from that same hymn-sheet ... shrewd, aye?

I don't see the evidence of change. I had hoped Mr Wallace might be change, but as it stands this morning he's been extremely flexible with the accuracy of why the finance company bailed out and when. That hardly sets him apart from our previous incumbents. As to the intellectual genius who preceded him into the media on Friday night, if he's the change I'm not paying in the first place. King may not be the answer, but at present the alternative is even worse.

Many asking the question "can we trust this board with our money" ? Here is another. Can we trust them without our money. If we hit the wall again will they allow an admin event with ibrox etc safeguarded for a new group to raise the phoenix from the ashes again or is the web so complex and fucked up(eg the 16 million loan ) that there will be nothing left next time around? It's scary as hell..

That is spot on.

None of the options open to supporters at the moment are risk free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk