King arrived in South Africa in 1976 after being transferred by his employers Weir Group. His meteoric rise through the ranks in the country has seen him rack up a personal fortune estimated between £800m - £1.2b. He was an adviser for the Post Office and the Reserve Bank in his early stages before stepping up with a management company that won a contract to manage the treasury operations of Umgeni Water.

And it's not wealth of the radar he owns a public listed company. His wealth is on the radar.

if he's worth as much as you say which won't he put up a figure of less than £5m and get control of Rangers ? if he cares as much as he claims about Rangers and he genuinely does have this sort of money what's stopping him?

Julias Ceasar said. "If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."

I think we can interpret that here with "breaking the law" to withholding season ticket money and "seize power" to effect board change.

That's just complete nonsense, this Board didn't squander £70m.

I did not say they did, have another read of my post. What this board have done is to completely fail to arrest the flow of money out of the club, fail to acquire any investors and fail to come up with any long term plan, plus pay the CEO bonuses for failure.

if he's worth as much as you say which won't he put up a figure of less than £5m and get control of Rangers ? if he cares as much as he claims about Rangers and he genuinely does have this sort of money what's stopping him?

Because that's not possible. It also rewards failure. If he's like me he will hate rewarding failure.

So tell us rab who's selling 51 percent for 5 million?

If you're more savvy than King and care about Rangers - what's stopping you putting up £5m and getting control of the club?

I say this now categorically if you could get a controlling share of Rangers for 5 million dave king would have to fight people off to get it.

It's a nice notion but it fantasy land stuff. You would be as well criticising dave for killing the last unicorns.

Because that's not possible. It also rewards failure. If he's like me he will hate rewarding failure.

So tell us rab who's selling 51 percent for 5 million?

after the AGM both laxey & prior increased their shareholding. What was stopping DK acquiring a shareholding?

Julias Ceasar said. "If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."

I think we can interpret that here with "breaking the law" to withholding season ticket money and "seize power" to effect board change.

only problem could be no club left to support