I say this now categorically if you could get a controlling share of Rangers for 5 million dave king would have to fight people off to get it.

It's a nice notion but it fantasy land stuff. You would be as well criticising dave for killing the last unicorns.

It could be an "effective" controlling stake. If, as many folk believe the club is being controlled ultimately by BPH & Margarita - If DK was to buy their shares, The Easdales would have a large drop in proxy control, and the balance of power would shift.

The longer King fails to buy any sort of holding (if indeed he hasn't), the longer he looks like a time-waster.

Clearly, it's difficult to know why he'd continue this PR offensive if he wasn't serious but until he backs up his words with money then he leaves himself open to criticism.

Then again this is essentially a hostile takeover so it's not a surprise to see him keep his hand under the table.

The longer King fails to buy any sort of holding (if indeed he hasn't), the longer he looks like a time-waster.

Clearly, it's difficult to know why he'd continue this PR offensive if he wasn't serious but until he backs up his words with money then he leaves himself open to criticism.

Then again this is essentially a hostile takeover so it's not a surprise to see him keep his hand under the table.

The whole thing with statement after statement from King/UOF and the board just feels like a pathetic slanging match with substance lacking.

I'd think most could agree with that whatever your views.

The whole thing with statement after statement from King/UOF and the board just feels like a pathetic slanging match with substance lacking.

I'd think most could agree with that whatever your views.

It will continue to look like that until the board stop talking and act.

It could be an "effective" controlling stake. If, as many folk believe the club is being controlled ultimately by BPH & Margarita - If DK was to buy their shares, The Easdales would have a large drop in proxy control, and the balance of power would shift.

In this thread we have rumours they want twice the current share value for a non controlling stake. Though your right it may well be effective control.

But twice the share price ffs.

It will continue to look like that until the board stop talking and act.

Dave King could act, he could even offer them what he believes is an appropriate price to buy the current shareholders out and call their bluff. Vague stuff about 50 million is useless.

If King originally quoted as saying he would invest up to £30m from his own pocket - How would folk feel if he took say £10-15m of that planned investment & used it to buy up shares & take (some kinda) control, leaving up to £15-20 for future investment.

I believe that the majority of fans would be behind him 100% - if he is able to backup his current shouting with a solid, dependable board & company structure. I think fans would happily take the reduced investment.

Guest kbotw
It's going to end up a straight choice between Option A) Dave King or Option B) David Murray.

Say what now? :nuts:

Where has Murray appeared from?

I'd say we're as close to crippled as it's possible to get without collapsing now, wouldn't you?

I agree JC, it's the lesser of the two evils choice for me, do we support the current position of feeding the current incumbents and see our monies go on high wages and bonuses for very little return. Watching the club being run down and assets leased off. Or do we look for another fresh start this time hopefully with the right minded people in charge, who put the club first rather than hedge fund and mysterious share holders bank balances.