The frightening thing is that they got such a basic aspect of company law wrong. It doesn't say much for their much vaunted "corporate governance" and it just increases the impression that they aren't very competent.

Disagreeing with him going to the newspapers is hardly libel surely, not that i'm an expert.

As for breaking the law, that sort of accusation has been thrown about a few times like with auto renewals so i'll take it with a pinch of salt.

I notice they cancelled the auto renewals Hmmmmm wonder why.

Frankly couldn't care if the board, team management or playing staff are Rangers men or not. It's how they perform that matters.

And they perform abysmally.

Not surprisingly for sheep and Arabs. It's not just Celtc fans like kate and Fullerton out to destroy us.

<Devils Advocate mode: ON>

Couple of things to remember.....

1 - There are always 2 sides to a story

2 - The media always like to make things sound more dramatic than they are

All we know about this is what the papers have said. What we don't know is the finer details. Did Mr Patterson contact the club before showing up on the doorstep??? Did the club actually tell him he's not allowed to see them, or it's not practical to see the info at that exact time??? What was Mr Patterson's demeanour & attitude like???

these are all things that are not completely covered by the story (from my brief reading of it).

<Devils Advocate mode: OFF>

I fully support Mr Patterson's actions (providing he went about it in the proper manner). He is a shareholder of the company and as such has a legal right to inspect certain documents/information etc. I would hope that if anything untoward is found etc, that he will handle it in the correct manner, alerting the correct authorities etc and not simply publish online or straight to the media.