For one thing, I don't think we'd be as daft as to offer him a deal along those lines and, more importantly, I've been told by three different people that if Miller does indeed sign (which seems inevitable)he'll be on a nominal wage at his request.

How can you possibly say that when we know what contracts we have thrown at other players not deserving of them? Daft is most certainly what we are.

His interview the other day was an invite to clubs from all over the world to make him an offer. Sounded to me like money was a key factor.

Around 6k a week is probably what Miller considers to be "nominal". It's a gimpy signing, regardless of the wage. A 2 year contract is even more unbelievable. The thought of Miller leading the line upon our return to the spl is frightening.

How can you possibly say that when we know what contracts we have thrown at other players not deserving of them? Daft is most certainly what we are.

His interview the other day was an invite to clubs from all over the world to make him an offer. Sounded to me like money was a key factor.

Well, Wallace and the 'new' board are supposed to be stricter on new contracts and our current financial state suggests we won't be splashing the cash any time soon.

As for his interview, I can only repeat what people have told me and when I say nominal, I mean nominal not £6K per week.

Around 6k a week is probably what Miller considers to be "nominal". It's a gimpy signing, regardless of the wage. A 2 year contract is even more unbelievable. The thought of Miller leading the line upon our return to the spl is frightening.

His basic salary at Vancouver:

2012 $1,221,816 Vancouver Whitecaps FC

2013 $1,114,992 Vancouver Whitecaps FC

•The Whitecaps' average (mean) salary is $143,604, just slightly higher than the league-wide average of $141,903.

•With a total base salary expenditure of $4,308,121, the Caps are fourth-highest in the MLS, behind only New York ($10,008,068), Los Angeles ($9,026,930), and Cascadian rival Seattle ($5,363,796).

•Vancouver's Kenny Miller ($1,114,992) earns the seventh-highest salary in MLS. A total of eight MLS players to draw over a million dollars per season, led by LA's Robbie Keane at 4 million per season.

http://www.eightysixforever.com/2013/5/7/4309180/mls-salary-figures-looking-at-the-caps

Small wonder they didn't want to resign him.

He said in the radio interview they'd been talking but there was no offer on the table.

I think it's safe to say what is often said in public is very different to private discussions.