What needs to be put to bed is this myth that DK is desperately waiting to invest £50m and the board are preventing him from doing so.

King's wealth and potential level of investment can certainly be debated but there's no myth about his intentions and quite clearly the board want to avoid an issue where existing shareholders are diluted.

I'm all for constructive criticism of King but you didn't answer the question I posted in that if King isn't serious why is he doing this?

What needs to be put to bed is this myth that DK is desperately waiting to invest £50m and the board are preventing him from doing so.

Why doesn't he put this mythical £50m into an escrow account with an independent solicitor or even the £20m or £30m was it that he was going to put up himself?

If we get 40k signed up we will get the security. So there is a tipping point for sure.

40K will not sign up - no way.

However, even if 5K sign up and season ticket numbers reduce to around the 20K mark then that's a rather large account of cash (or to put it another way a interest free secured investment) for a club that will clearly need such monies to be viable for the year(s) ahead.

Why doesn't he put this mythical £50m into an escrow account with an independent solicitor or even the £20m or £30m was it that he was going to put up himself?

Perhaps his merry band of followers might ask him that question.

Perhaps his merry band of followers might ask him that question.

It's been asked publicly many times and the lack of an answer is disappointing.

However, the very same question can be asked with regard to investment at the club. A question that is much more pressing IMO.

King's wealth and potential level of investment can certainly be debated but there's no myth about his intentions and quite clearly the board want to avoid an issue where existing shareholders are diluted.

I'm all for constructive criticism of King but you didn't answer the question I posted in that if King isn't serious why is he doing this?

Frankie,

I'd suggest that Mr King's intentions are anything but clear.

At the minute, all he has done apart from establishing Ibrox 1872 Ltd is sprout a lot of rhetoric about the Board and stated that he'd rather they find some alternative investment before he puts in any of his own money. Since (despite what GS keeps repeating) I am confident that his lawyers will have told him that there is no chance of Rangers agreeing to his demands (and Rangers have so confirmed) I can only see one reason for continuing down this path, namely to drive the share price ever lower and/or drive the Club into admin2.

Edit: Sorry that's two alternative reasons.

Frankie, at the minute, all he has done apart from establishing Ibrox 1872 Ltd is sprout a lot of rhetoric about the Board and stated that he'd rather they find some alternative investment before he puts in any of his own money. Since (despite what GS keeps repeating) I am confident that his lawyers will have told him that there is no chance of Rangers agreeing to his demands (and Rangers have so confirmed) I can only see one reason for continuing down this path, namely to drive the share price ever lower and/or drive the Club into admin2.

I don't agree with everything you say there but let's leave that aside for the moment.

Why then is King doing this? Do you think he wants to endanger the club just to pick an entity up that will undoubtedly lose him money? What possible reason would a hugely successful businessman offer for doing this?

Why do you think dozens of intelligent supporters would 'merrily' follow him? They can't all get blazers? Why are they doing this?

The reason is clear enough for me - the club is in very real danger and there's no genuine sign of it being managed suitably to secure it's future.

Thus, while I completely agree King and the UoF must be criticised for their strategy (or lack of it) the insistence of some fans to prefer attacking them over holding the club to account is bizarre at best.

thank god your not my financial adviser if thats the quality of your advice. i hope you at least meant a high interest escrow account.

Be careful Rab, I got a warning for calling them "followers"!

i don't follow king. i just want rangers to get the 50 million investment. i really want the security of ibrox out of the boards hands.

if easdale wants to invest 50 million and gives us security over ibrox he will be my hero.