Everyone else either withdrew or couldn't/wouldn't put up an unconditional offer that the admins could accept, Green didn't have to exactly fight his way in past a load of competitors.

That is Bullshit. Duff and Duffer made Green the proffered buyers and then they scrapped the opposition.

I think there is an automatic loyalty from some in the Rangers support towards anyone who 'steps up and pays'.

It seems that a fat wallet buys not only the ownership of the club, but the loyalty of many of those who follow it. Paying the asking price instantly makes a person the rightful custodian of the club in the eyes of some and it takes a lot to shift them from this point of view.

All manner of shortcomings are overlooked because they 'stepped up when no-one else did'. In other words, a new owner arrives as a hero and it takes quite an effort to convince folk that he might not be. They just don't want to hear it.

The very act of buying Rangers makes a person or company a legitimate and respected leader of a million Rangers fans. Is it any wonder we got into all this bother?

Thank-you for the reply BH.

Re. CW

When you say "one of the first" from where or what exactly do you refer ?

As you have brought your criticisms into play, did you restrict them to the RST spokesman or did you take on the task of trying to educate Rangers Media regards Mr.Whyte ?

I ask that because IIRC someone else on here mentioned you were active on RM and the more vocal members on there were very much pushing CW up to his metaphorical "95th minute" as we went into Administration. The same who were so vicifourous in backing Green and his cohorts up to and beyond the recordings being published.

Re. CG and chums

You got that very wrong, as did many tbf. (For the record, I called out Green from May 2012, (CW: before he took over).

I'd like to ask a similar question as re.CW, did you try to debate against the pro Green camp on Rangers Media post April 2013 ? If you did it would have been fairly hard work I'd have thought.

One of the reasons I ask you these questions is as I said to give me some background as to your record on such matters because you are heavily involved in the debating of club politics. It was to indulge my curiosity, thank-you again for replying.

The other more indirect question about other forums or groups was to establish if the forums and/or groups that you may be a member were generally of a similar opinion to yourself both general substance and timescales. I wanted to know if someone who took so much time to back the present board had went against the general opinion held on say RM on the likes of CG.

All that said if you turn round and tell me you aren't on RM then I've partly wasted my time !!

Speaking generally, what disturbs me is that many of the same people who heavily and blindly backed past regimes way beyond 'credible sell-by date even for the gulible' are now backing the present board (not forgetting that many of the shares are still owned by the same people/groups, eg.BPH).....and that I and others I know who were of a similar timely opinion on both CW and CG&Co see the the current board as a danger to the football club.

I can't understand why those with such a bad record in such judgement calls can have the gaul to shout so loudly as they venture another and think that fans should be reminded of this.

ps. I am not a member of any group but have posted on FF.

Basically you asked and I have answered your questions as best I can, though I was under no obligation to do so.

However, for the sake of clarity I will say that regards CW I was referring to "one of the first" posts on here if memory serves me. As you may be aware I was on the Board of the RST in 2009/10 and it's Secretary for a time in 2010 which is why my opposition to KP's comments came to mind.

I am not sure why my "record on such matters" is an issue; this is not a court of law, you are not a prosecutor to the best of my knowledge and I don't believe I've been charged with any offence.

As I have said on here several times, I have no idea or interest in the politics or rivalries of the different internet forums.

Mr.Hemdani,

I wrote a rather long reply to you further back on the thread (post No.60) in case you've came back and missed it.

ps. Obviously no problem if it's that you simply don't want to respond.

Just caught up with that one, thanks for the reminder.

I think there is an automatic loyalty from some in the Rangers support towards anyone who 'steps up and pays'.

It seems that a fat wallet buys not only the ownership of the club, but the loyalty of many of those who follow it. Paying the asking price instantly makes a person the rightful custodian of the club in the eyes of some and it takes a lot to shift them from this point of view.

All manner of shortcomings are overlooked because they 'stepped up when no-one else did'. In other words, a new owner arrives as a hero and it takes quite an effort to convince folk that he might not be. They just don't want to hear it.

The very act of buying Rangers makes a person or company a legitimate and respected leader of a million Rangers fans. Is it any wonder we got into all this bother?

Being grateful doesn't blind you, although i'm too young to really remember 9 in a row Murray's regime still gave me some of my earliest and best Rangers memories. It never had me convinced about him as a custodian and to this day I still blame him for how things ultimately have turned out.

I respected a few things about Green probably not many agree now, but he's gone other people just seem to be obsessed with bringing him up all the time.

Being grateful doesn't blind you, although i'm too young to really remember 9 in a row Murray's regime still gave me some of my earliest and best Rangers memories. It never had me convinced about him as a custodian and to this day I still blame him for how things ultimately have turned out.

I respected a few things about Green probably not many agree now, but he's gone other people just seem to be obsessed with bringing him up all the time.

The mighty Rangers has been cast adrift on a sea of uncertainty. It might never again find a safe haven. The idea that such a thing could happen has shocked young and old alike.

We were supposed to be the establishment club, robust and indestructible, and yet it is all falling apart. Our fathers and grandfathers thought this was unimaginable, but they could not have been more wrong.

Finally, some of us are asking pertinent questions, but even now, with us all at sea, the meek acceptance of the masses has paralysed the support and made it a cash cow for the unscrupulous.

At what point do we stop trusting folk who turn up, overpay themselves, milk the club for as much as they can get and care for it with only a fraction of the feeling you have for it?

Rangers needs a revolution, but it won't happen until we abandon the deferential and start taking full responsibility for a club that will never properly flourish again until we do.

The mighty Rangers has been cast adrift on a sea of uncertainty. It might never again find a safe haven. The idea that such a thing could happen has shocked young and old alike.

We were supposed to be the establishment club, robust and indestructible, and yet it is all falling apart. Our fathers and grandfathers thought this was unimaginable, but they could not have been more wrong.

Finally, some of us are asking pertinent questions, but even now, with us all at sea, the meek acceptance of the masses has paralysed the support and made it a cash cow for the unscrupulous.

At what point do we stop trusting folk who turn up, overpay themselves, milk the club for as much as they can get and care for it with only a fraction of the feeling you have for it?

Rangers needs a revolution, but it won't happen until we abandon the deferential and start taking full responsibility for a club that will never properly flourish again until we do.

An excellent post.

FWIW, I don't blame many bears for preferring the comfort blanket of everything will be OK with the status quo. After all, there's hardly any credible alternative out there.

For me it all comes back to why would someone like King (and others before him - including McColl) want all the hassle of risking their personal reputations to make mischief at Rangers. They don't need the money. They don't need the attention. And they would know their mischief would cause problems.

Thus, there must be good reason for them to be seeking change. They're not doing this for a laugh. Put this next to the continuing and very clear under-performance of the board then there really is no good reason for fans not to be asking questions as well.

An excellent post.

FWIW, I don't blame many bears for preferring the comfort blanket of everything will be OK with the status quo. After all, there's hardly any credible alternative out there.

For me it all comes back to why would someone like King (and others before him - including McColl) want all the hassle of risking their personal reputations to make mischief at Rangers. They don't need the money. They don't need the attention. And they would know their mischief would cause problems.

Thus, there must be good reason for them to be seeking change. They're not doing this for a laugh. Put this next to the continuing and very clear under-performance of the board then there really is no good reason for fans not to be asking questions as well.

What needs to be put to bed is this myth that DK is desperately waiting to invest £50m and the board are preventing him from doing so.

That's a bit like saying every player has his price; but the Club isn't a player and Ibrox 1872 Ltd is not about buying the Club now is it?

So I don't think the "tipping point" analogy applies to the Club at least and personally I doubt that if King was in control he would give in to the kind of scheme he is advancing now, it would just make him all the more determined to do things his way.

However it was only a question that came to mind, neither us knows the answer and I for one hope we never find out.

If we get 40k signed up we will get the security. So there is a tipping point for sure.