Best of luck to Chris Hegarty. I hope he finds a good club and does well for himself.

Shouldn't be too long before we hear that Ross Perry will be leaving too.

It was also rumoured on FF that Kyle Hutton has got a one-year extension.

I had quite high hopes for Hutton when he first broke into the 1st team, but the more I've seen of him, the less impressed I've been. Decent player, but not good enough for a top flight title winning Rangers XI.

I had quite high hopes for Hutton when he first broke into the 1st team, but the more I've seen of him, the less impressed I've been. Decent player, but not good enough for a top flight title winning Rangers XI.

Very much so. He had his prime chance to cement his place in an up and coming young midfield in our first season post admin. Yet the way he went about his business once he was a first pick (out of necessity) for Ally was very disappointing. The ease by which Macleod surged past him tells its own tale. You'd might have assumed that somesuch would have wakened him up and he'd take his chance after Lewis got injured, but there was absolutely nothing. He started brigtly at the beginning of last season, but all but once that I saw him when he was back after injury he looked tired and was lackadaisical at best. That said, I don't see him in training on a daily basis.

As for Gunning ... I hope we might even snatch up Hutchinson (or someone else decent enough) and these two plus Faure form our prime CD for next season, supplanted by Mohsni, Gasparotto, McAusland and Halkett. I'd put Mohsni into a defensive midfield role instead of CD, as he's quite good in breaking up play, picking a pass and going forward. (And less dangerous to us as well.) Put Law, Templeton, and Macleod in front of him, plus Clark and perhaps Miller up front.

Sidenote ... I'd assume that we reduce the squad and will only bring in half a handful of freebies. As far as we know Simonsen, Little, Cribari, Hegarty and Perry are already gone or are about to leave. No-one knows what happens to e.g. Peralta. I would assume that the current board is not as lenient with new contracts as the old one, so I doubt they'll splash too much money at any new players.

Sidenote ... I'd assume that we reduce the squad and will only bring in half a handful of freebies. As far as we know Simonsen, Little, Cribari, Hegarty and Perry are already gone or are about to leave. No-one knows what happens to e.g. Peralta. I would assume that the current board is not as lenient with new contracts as the old one, so I doubt they'll splash too much money at any new players.

I think the board will give the go-ahead to sign a player within the next fortnight to try to inject some life into the ST sales, but I doubt if there will be any transfer budget at all and I'm pretty sure Ally will be forced to reduce his 1st team wage bill.

I think the board will give the go-ahead to sign a player within the next fortnight to try to inject some life into the ST sales, but I doubt if there will be any transfer budget at all and I'm pretty sure Ally will be forced to reduce his 1st team wage bill.

And rightly so. The football costs are over 50% of turnover. Simply unsustainable. Whilst they are to blame for some other things, the board should be commended for cutting our cloth accordingly, if that is indeed how it pans out.

And rightly so. The football costs are over 50% of turnover. Simply unsustainable. Whilst they are to blame for some other things, the board should be commended for cutting our cloth accordingly, if that is indeed how it pans out.

I don't know the exact first team players' wages/turnover ratio, but it was stated in the accounts released at the end of September that the first team players' wages were £7.8m, so that's certainly less than 50%, more like just over 40%.... and falling!!!

When we went into administration in Feb' 2012 our first team playing staff costs were up over 70% of turnover, at about 72% IIRC.

Interesting to note that in Wallace's "120-day business review" released a few weeks ago, it was stated that "Only a small number of current first team player contracts end in Summer 2014 and the team will require strengthening for the Championship next season."

I don't know the exact first team players' wages/turnover ratio, but it was stated in the accounts released at the end of September that the first team players' wages were £7.8m, so that's certainly less than 50%, more like just over 40%.... and falling!!!

When we went into administration in Feb' 2012 our first team playing staff costs were up over 70% of turnover, at about 72% IIRC.

Interesting to note that in Wallace's "120-day business review" released a few weeks ago, it was stated that "Only a small number of current first team player contracts end in Summer 2014 and the team will require strengthening for the Championship next season."

Well, the AB-faction will probably say that this is playing to the audience, of course, but I would assume that Wallace and Co. have some brains as well and saw what happened at the tail end of the season, or in our defence throughout the campaign. It was intimated (sic!) that the u20s were collectively put on the transfer list, some 4 or 5 first teamers have already left.Hence, the wage bill might very well decrease in the near future (at what cost remains to be seen). IMHO, our current squad is not as bad as is being made out and I would also assume that some will rise to the challenge and with better opposition the (and our) football will be better. It won't be brick walls and counter attacking footie all season long again. I reckon up to three new faces will join up, hopefully in the right slots.

Footballing costs are £11.2m annually with turnover averaged at around £19m per year. That is well over 50%. First team wages of £8m is still well over the 27% Ally tried to claim. Well over it.

Footballing costs need cut, of that there is no doubt. Anyone who can't see that i living in David Murray moonbeams land. A club with a turnover of less than £20m, in fact this year it may be closer to £10m with the season book boycotts, cannot afford £11.2m in footballing costs.

The only team that needs strengthened for the Championship is the management team, the playing team is more than strong enough.