Few snaps from FF

Kenny Mclean

Was speaking to my mate last night and his son is in the St Midden u20s team. He told me that Kenny Mclean has said his goodbyes to everyone at the club as his contract expires at end of May and that he has signed a pre contract agreement with us. Has always looked a decent prospect if true hope he does us a turn.

I've heard it also

McLean , Boyd , Miller , Hutchinson all meant to be done deals

I am a good pal of Kennys dad. We're in for him. But defo not signed yet

Scott Allen

Was speaking to a boy that was at dufc wil Allan . He was telling him he has signed for us

LinkedIn

Kenny Maclean's Skills & Expertise

Team Building

Accounting

Social Media

Event Planning

Project Management

Event Management

AutoCAD

Public Relations

Project Planning

SQL

Teamwork

Sales Management

Inventory Management

Team Leadership

Sales

Customer Satisfaction

Rangers boss Ally McCoist set to move for freed West Brom playmaker Scott Allan

THE Scotland Under 21 international burst onto the scene at Dundee United three years ago but struggled to make an impact at West Brom after moving south.

ALLY McCoist is ready to crank up his interest in freed West Brom playmaker Scott Allan.

The Rangers manager is a long-time admirer of the former Dundee United kid who was released on Monday.

Allan, a Scotland Under-21 star, was tipped for stardom after bursting on the scene at Tannadice as a 19-year-old.

The Baggies signed on a two-and-a-half year contract in January 2012 and enjoyed a successful loan spell at Portsmouth.

But last year he was farmed out to Championship outfit Birmingham on a season-long deal – and made just seven appearances.

McCoist now wants to bring Allan to Ibrox on a free after missing out on him due to financial restraints at Ibrox two years ago.

Allan is looking for a fresh challenge and despite interest from several top-flight Scottish clubs, Record Sport understands he’s keen on a switch to the team he grew up supporting.

Meanwhile, McCoist is still confident of securing a two-year deal for Kenny Miller. The former Scotland frontman left Vancouver last month and has an agreement with McCoist to return to Ibrox for a third spell.

But out-of-contract St Mirren midfielder Kenny McLean will not join Rangers.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-set-3579547

Jamie MacDonald: Goalkeeper was one of six axed by Hearts last week as the Ann Budge revolution got underway but was one of the top stoppers in the Premiership last season. Age: 28

Kirk Broadfoot: Former Rangers and Scotland full back has been released by Blackpool. Could a return north of the border be on the cards? Age: 29.

Jamie Hamill: Another free from Hearts, the hardy full back has bags of top tier experience with Kilmarnock and the Jambos yet is still fairly young. Age: 27.

Garry Kenneth: Huge central defender left Dundee United two years ago to further his career south of the border but flopped at Bristol Rovers and spent the last six months at Brechin City. Age: 26.

Lee Mair: Former Dundee, Dundee United, Aberdeen and St Mirren centre half spent the second part of last season at Partick Thistle and helped the Jags stave off relegation but has been told he won't be getting a new deal at Firhill. Age: 33.

Scott Allan: Scotland under 21 midfielder was snapped up by West Brom two years ago after catching the eye in eight run outs for Dundee United. But after failing to make a single first team appearance for the Baggies and spending spells on loan at Portsmouth, MK Dons and Birmingham, Allan has been released. Age: 22.

Barry Ferguson: Needs no introduction. The former Scotland, Rangers and Blackburn captain has left Blackpool after spending most of last season in charge. His next move will be hugely interesting. Age: 36.

Ryan Stevenson: Has a year left on his contract at Hearts but is free to leave if he can find a new club. Midfielder Stevenson knows the way to goal and, as he enters what should be his prime, could be a steal for top flight clubs. Age: 29.

James McFadden: Leaving Motherwell for a second time after 15 months back at Fir Park. The former Scotland talisman showed glimpses of his old self last season but didn't play enough to merit a new deal. Age: 31.

David Clarkson: Not so long ago one of the most sought-after strikers in Scotland the ex-Motherwell man suffered relegation out of the Football League with Bristol Rovers and has been told he is free to find a new club. Age: 28.

Alan Gow: Striker can boast Rangers, Hibs, Motherwell and, err, East Bengal on his CV but after seemingly rediscovered his form at Exeter in recent seasons he now finds himself on the free agent list. Age: 31.

LinkedIn

Kenny Maclean's Skills & Expertise

Team Building

Accounting

Social Media

Event Planning

Project Management

Event Management

AutoCAD

Public Relations

Project Planning

SQL

Teamwork

Sales Management

Inventory Management

Team Leadership

Sales

Customer Satisfaction

Kenny McLean ... but I assume you were trying to suggest that other jobs at Ibrox needs to be filled?

ian ... while some of these guys might be in Ally's sights, the boards would go ballistic (again) considering these players' age.

Kenny McLean ... but I assume you were trying to suggest that other jobs at Ibrox needs to be filled?

ian ... while some of these guys might be in Ally's sights, the boards would go ballistic (again) considering these players' age.

I only posted these players as they were listed within the article, I wasn't suggesting Rangers are interested in them, just listing the free transfers from the top league

Jamie MacDonald: Goalkeeper was one of six axed by Hearts last week as the Ann Budge revolution got underway but was one of the top stoppers in the Premiership last season. Age: 28

Kirk Broadfoot: Former Rangers and Scotland full back has been released by Blackpool. Could a return north of the border be on the cards? Age: 29.

Jamie Hamill: Another free from Hearts, the hardy full back has bags of top tier experience with Kilmarnock and the Jambos yet is still fairly young. Age: 27.

Garry Kenneth: Huge central defender left Dundee United two years ago to further his career south of the border but flopped at Bristol Rovers and spent the last six months at Brechin City. Age: 26.

Lee Mair: Former Dundee, Dundee United, Aberdeen and St Mirren centre half spent the second part of last season at Partick Thistle and helped the Jags stave off relegation but has been told he won't be getting a new deal at Firhill. Age: 33.

Scott Allan: Scotland under 21 midfielder was snapped up by West Brom two years ago after catching the eye in eight run outs for Dundee United. But after failing to make a single first team appearance for the Baggies and spending spells on loan at Portsmouth, MK Dons and Birmingham, Allan has been released. Age: 22.

Barry Ferguson: Needs no introduction. The former Scotland, Rangers and Blackburn captain has left Blackpool after spending most of last season in charge. His next move will be hugely interesting. Age: 36.

Ryan Stevenson: Has a year left on his contract at Hearts but is free to leave if he can find a new club. Midfielder Stevenson knows the way to goal and, as he enters what should be his prime, could be a steal for top flight clubs. Age: 29.

James McFadden: Leaving Motherwell for a second time after 15 months back at Fir Park. The former Scotland talisman showed glimpses of his old self last season but didn't play enough to merit a new deal. Age: 31.

David Clarkson: Not so long ago one of the most sought-after strikers in Scotland the ex-Motherwell man suffered relegation out of the Football League with Bristol Rovers and has been told he is free to find a new club. Age: 28.

Alan Gow: Striker can boast Rangers, Hibs, Motherwell and, err, East Bengal on his CV but after seemingly rediscovered his form at Exeter in recent seasons he now finds himself on the free agent list. Age: 31.

The pattern of Scottish players failing in Englands lower leagues is continuing. Its shows how far back we are going. 15 years ago we'd have a national team full of English top flight players: Sullivan, Weir, Hendry, Calderwood, Collins, McAllister, Hutchinson all mixing with the best from the OF.

Now players are propping up at Exeter and Bristol Rovers, makes you wonder if its worth while going down south now....obviously its a money thing.

Rangers target Scott Allan: I've always prayed I'd get a second chance at Ibrox

THE former Dundee United and West Brom midfielder has spoken exclusively to Record Sport about his potential move to Rangers.

SCOTT ALLAN left Murray Park two and a half years ago and vowed one day he’d return to play for Rangers.

Now as Ibrox gaffer Ally McCoist weighs up a second move for the playmaker Allan has refused to rule out joining his boyhood heroes after being freed by West Brom.

As Record Sport revealed yesterday the Rangers boss is keen on snaring the 22-year-old this summer after failing to land him in 2012.

Allan insists he’s hungry for a new challenge and despite interest from clubs in England and Portugal the talented midfielder admits he’d be open to another round of talks with McCoist.

Having grown up near Ibrox, Allan is a Gers fan who as a kid idolised Paul Gascoigne.

And that’s why returning to Glasgow as a Rangers player would see the former Dundee United and Scotland Under-21 star achieve a lifelong ambition.

Allan said: “I’m a Rangers supporter and it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.

“They were interested before I left United and meetings took place with my representatives. I was worried they wouldn’t have the money to buy me and that’s what happened.

“I went to West Brom but even then I still felt that one day I’d like to play for Rangers.

“I grew up two miles from Ibrox and always hoped I’d get a chance to play there.

“The first game I went to was against Aberdeen at Ibrox when Gazza scored a hat-trick to win eight in a row.

“I was only five so can’t remember too much about it. But Gazza was my hero growing up then I loved watching Gio van Bronckhorst in the Dick Advocaat era.

“It wouldn’t faze me if I played in the Championship with Rangers because they’re only one year away from the top flight. As long as there’s an opportunity for me to develop and get regular football I’d take it.

“But I need to weigh up my options. There’s also interest from England and abroad so hopefully I’ll have a choice
and big decisions to make over the summer.

“Going abroad really appeals to me and I feel my game is suited to Europe. If that came up I’d have to think about it too.”

Allan was hailed as a potential superstar at Dundee United and earned his £300,000 move to The Hawthorns where Roy Hodgson was manager.

He was loaned to Portsmouth where he excelled under Michael Appleton in the Championship. But after a string of temporary deals fell through Allan found himself at MK Dons then Pompey again – but in League One under a different boss.

Last term West Brom farmed him out to Birmingham where, after shining early on, manager Lee Clark dropped him, accusing him of lacking workrate.

But Allan grafted back into Clark’s plans as Birmingham escaped relegation on the final day of the season.

The Scot said: “I’ve been unlucky in England. Some managers take a liking to you and others don’t.

“Getting dropped at Birmingham was hard to take but I worked hard and at the tail end of the season forced my way back in when the gaffer really needed someone like me in the team.

“The only run I had was at Portsmouth and it’s no coincidence it was my best spell of form.

“It was because I had a manager who trusted me. Michael Appleton let me play my own game. He’s a top coach and he’s highly rated by a lot of people.

“When other moves fell through I found myself back at Pompey the following season but this time they were in League One. That was really frustrating.”

Allan admits fans north of the border might think his career has gone off track since joining West Brom where he failed to make it into the first team.

But he’s adamant he’s a much improved player now from the one who left Tannadice in 2012.

He said: “I can understand why people in Scotland might have forgotten about me.

“They’ve seen me playing well for the Scotland Under-21s
and after that good spell at
Portsmouth they would have expected me to kick on. I did too.

“But it just didn’t happen for me. A few things were supposed to materialise regarding loan deals but they didn’t. West Brom killed it for me because of the loan fees they were looking for.

“But I can assure people I’m a much better player now than when I left United.

“I’ve added so much more to my game – I just haven’t had enough minutes on the pitch.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-target-scott-allan-ive-3586069