Lifted from FF:

Gold Star Poster

Default Gavin Gunning.

Done deal. Was on 3K at Tannadump. Getting 7K from us. Hope he plays better than he did on Saturday

£7k a week for Gavin Gunning is utterly ridiculous !!!

Honestly, Black is 20 times a better footballer than anyone on this board. You may not like his lifestyle, his playing style and whatever else springs to mind, but he's as solid and decent a footballer as it gets. Maybe it is time for some to take off their black glasses and apply some objectivity, or at least stop giving a Rangers player dogs abuse.

No he isnt. If this is our idea of "as solid and decent as it gets" we may as well just pack things up, turn off the lights and go home

"As solid and decent footballer as it gets" ?? Seriously. OK then, best tell Xavi, Iniesta, Lampard, Gerrard or even the likes of Arteta that we wouldnt need them as we have the best of the bunch in Black. Nonsense.

Edited by craig

Gunning is fecking garbage. Seen him live 5 or 6 times and never stood out or impressed. Hope this is just a rumour. So underwhelming.

I agree mate - totally underwhelming.

Not impressed at all.

Hopefully Lemon snaps him up at whatever club he's going to !

No he isnt. If this is our idea of "as solid and decent as it gets" we may as well just pack things up, turn off the lights and go home

"As solid and decent footballer as it gets" ?? Seriously. OK then, best tell Xavi, Iniesta, Lampard, Gerrard or even the likes of Arteta that we wouldnt need them as we have the best of the bunch in Black. Nonsense.

You may have noted that I did not compare him to any of the people you mentioned, though I have to grant you that I have never seen that fit and able football crop which graces Gersnet. Neither of the latter would look that good compared to your folk either.

Given the talk about Gunning and 7K.............

From the business review

The Club acquired a number of players in Summer 2013 that, based on financial forecasts, it should

have known that it could not afford.

The first team squad has the second highest wage bill in Scottish football for a team currently

playing in the third tier. The total player wage cost is well in excess of the level it should be

primarily due to generous and poorly structured contracts that were awarded to some players

when they joined the Club.

and

Should the Club suffer a substantial decrease in season ticket income in the next two months, then it

would be unable to trade in the short term without seeking additional external funding as previously

disclosed in the RIFC December 2013 interim results.

For full business review click...

http://www.rangers.co.uk/images/staticcontent/documents/RangersBusinessReview.pdf

Would rather have Christian Dailly than Gunning !

Talking of whom - name dropping alert ! - I bumped into Dailly on Sunday at Chelmsford athletics track where my daughter was competing. I had a chat with him as he is doing athletics coaching around Chelmsford and also in Hertfordshire. He is currently doing a Sports Science Degree.

Anyway - he was genuinely moaning about the state of our club and said that we needed to get 'that lot' out asap. He said he was up for the cup semi at Ibrox against Utd and spoke with several people who told him it was a complete mess and the players and manager simply don't respect the board and there is a huge divide. No surpises there. It was good to hear him speak so fondly of his time with Rangers and he just said he wished someone would come in and get us back on track.

I will probably bump into him again on Saturday as there is a another competiton there this weekend.

I will get his thoughts on Gunning !!!