If someone finishes above me for being an idiot and picking 0-0 for every game I'll be absolutely raging. I would implore Zappa to dock points to anyone who doesn't actually make any legitimate effort to predict matches.

God do you ever do any positive moaning? If someone's above you picking only nil nils then I'm afraid your obviously a bigger idiot than them.

Bitta fun. enjoyed trying to get up the league a bit.

God do you ever do any positive moaning? If someone's above you picking only nil nils then I'm afraid your obviously a bigger idiot than them.

Bitta fun. enjoyed trying to get up the league a bit.

It's called a prediction league. If you predict 0-0 for everything you are not predicting, you are just ruining the point. There is no skill or spontaneity, you are simply ruining the spirit of the event.

If someone finishes above me for being an idiot and picking 0-0 for every game I'll be absolutely raging. I would implore Zappa to dock points to anyone who doesn't actually make any legitimate effort to predict matches.

I won't be docking points from anyone for playing the odds in whatever way they want. I knew that TinMan had a 0-0 system going, but he was only trying to play the odds and get points the same as the rest of us. There's absolutely no difference between what he's been doing with his 0-0 predictions and someone else who's went with the most popular score prediction for each game which has generally been 2-1. It's all valid whether you've played a system or not and that decision is final. :P

I was reading that quite a few lucky punters had backed Germany to beat brazil by 7 - 1 how do they pick them

Of the more than 15,000 that take part in the predictions page where the Gersnet League is included, not one picked 1-7, although one did pick 3-7 (perhaps in the memory of Di Stefano?).

I won't be docking points from anyone for playing the odds in whatever way they want. I knew that TinMan had a 0-0 system going, but he was only trying to play the odds and get points the same as the rest of us. There's absolutely no difference between what he's been doing with his 0-0 predictions and someone else who's went with the most popular score prediction for each game which has generally been 2-1. It's all valid whether you've played a system or not and that decision is final. :P

I think Tinman is actually a she. No comment :lover:

BTW - If you're having a dig at me for 2-1, I've used it a fair bit but have gone for other scores too.

I would kick them out.

No, I wasn't having a go at anyone for regularly predicting 2-1 because throughout the tournament that's regularly been the most popular score prediction in the game, so it stands to reason it would be a common choice in our league. I'm just saying there's no real difference between someone regularly picking 2-1 scores and someone like TinMan regularly picking 0-0 scores. It's all just playing the odds at the end of the day, so it's all fair play.