I think they should scrap the 3rd place game, its meaningless and after you are knocked out you just want to get on your holidays. With the hosts being in it they will want to put on a show but the Dutch wont be bothering to much. The focus should be all about the final now.

Don't think we will see a classic on Sunday, 2 team who will cancel each other out. Messi has only shown flashes of quality but certainly hasn't carried Argentina like Maradona did in 86, its been more like Argentina crawling to the final in 1990 when Maradona was playing with injuries throughout the tournament.

Germany are stronger all over the pitch and I fancy them to win but Im hoping Argentina lift the trophy.

Edited by Gribz

I think they should scrap the 3rd place game, its meaningless and after you are knocked out you just want to get on your holidays. With the hosts being in it they will want to put on a show but the Dutch wont be bothering to much. The focus should be all about the final now.

Don't think we will see a classic on Sunday, 2 twos will cancel each other out. Messi has only shown flashes of quality but certainly hasn't carried Argentina like Maradona did in 86, its been more like Argentina crawling to the final in 1990 when Maradona was playing with injuries throughout the tournament.

Germany are stronger all over the pitch and I fancy them to win but Im hoping Argentina lift the trophy.

It smells of 0-0, but let's hope somebody takes a chance when it comes along so as we get a reasonable game to watch. The Holland v Argentina match was desperately negative with the fear of losing upermost in the players minds.

Perhaps the Germans may be more positive which in turn would give the Argentinians more space.

Over the years the 3rd place game has at least given us lots of goals.

However, today's match is somewhat surreal after Brazil got hammered the other night and Van Gaal publicly rubbished it.

-------------------------------------------------------

How the bookies view it

Over 2.5 goals... (potential winnings for a tenner bet in pounds sterling)

B v H..............................7/10... (7)

A v G..............................6/4... (15)

Edited by buster.

It was / is the worst Brazil team ever. They weren't even good in the group stages and Chile were by far better in the last 16. The only time they played half well was against Colombia.

Didn't see Holland pumping them 3-0 though.

It was / is the worst Brazil team ever. They weren't even good in the group stages and Chile were by far better in the last 16. The only time they played half well was against Colombia.

Didn't see Holland pumping them 3-0 though.

I had Holland 2 - 4 Brazil because I did think Holland would score a good few goals against them, but I though Brazil might turn it on a bit and score a couple as well. Sadly, that Brazil team are shite from back to front. They've got a few cracking players, but they're just not good enough to lift the World Cup unless they'd been incredibly lucky.

I've got 2-0 Germans tonight. hopefully finish with a correct score.

Tough one to predict, but I do think the Germans might have the edge so long as they keep it tight at the back.

three two for the germans tonight

I was talking about the amount of people who backed Germany to win 7 -1 with the bookies there was quite a lot according to paddy power

three two for the germans tonight

I was talking about the amount of people who backed Germany to win 7 -1 with the bookies there was quite a lot according to paddy power

If quite a lot backed 7-1 then they had insight info.