it was good fun maybe we should have a prediction league for Scottish championship this coming season

Its likely we will for Rangers scores and scorers like last season which Bluebear superbly looked after.

Tempted to predict an Argie win in a last ditch attempt to scoop some points and go 2nd but I can't see past Germany to win it at the bitter end.

Why oh why did I not just put the 1-0 on.....my record of being a much better tipster than I am a punter continues.

Well done to Compo for getting a 5 pointer in the Brazil v Holland game for his 0-3 correct score prediction!

Nobody predicted 1-0 for the final last night, but quite a lot of us went for a Germany win and grabbed a point.

Ultimately, we put up a decent fight, but none of us could catch Rangersitis who held on to his lead strongly for a large part of the tournament. He didn't get the most number of correct score predictions or bonus points in our league, but with 7 correct scores, 33 correct results and 10 bonus points, he had enough to win it by 6 clear points on 64 points, so very well done to Rangersitis who is crowned the GPL World Cup Brazil champion!

Special mentions for Juan who got the most number of correct score predictions with 9 in total, Craig who had the best goal difference by a very considerable margin and was the only one to end on a positive goal difference with +3, TheTinMan99 who got the most number of bonus points with 14 bonus points in total and finally to compo & myself who both equaled the champion Rangersitis on 33 correct results.

Also have to say well done to rbr, blueflag & Juan for taking it close at the top of the table in 2nd, 3rd & 4th positions!

Thanks to everyone for competing and congrats once again to the winner Rangersitis whose prize is to buy us all a beer! :D

Congrats to Rangersitis for his victory, thanks to Zappa for organising and updating, and a special FU to ser barristan for acting like a big wean towards the end.

As an aside, I would've pissed it if extra time didn't count. :violin:

it was good fun maybe we should have a prediction league for Scottish championship this coming season

Its likely we will for Rangers scores and scorers like last season which Bluebear superbly looked after.

Bluebear54 did a fantastic job of running our prediction league last season, but sadly I don't think he'll be doing it again this coming season. He's given me his excel spreadsheets for it though, so we'll figure something out and get it rolling before the first competitive match.