To play 3 at the back you need class centre backs and brilliant and crucially fit wing backs , we have neither.

Probably the worst aspect of watching Rangers under mccoist is the chronic lack of pace.

The WC has been fantastic in terms of attacking and entertainment and just further reinforces the awful, dated football we churn out.

would be nice to think we could get two good wingers just think back to some of the wingers I have seen and its awesome ,Wilson, hubbard, hendeson, cooper ,laudrup, and even the big tin man could get you going

There's a very interesting analysis of the different World Cup formations here:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/06/20/why-goalscoring-boom-world-cup-its-all-formations-brazil-bound#ooid=ZwZmNlbjr24TyStZcCReNkgN1bEfnAw7'>http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/06/20/why-goalscoring-boom-world-cup-its-all-formations-brazil-bound#ooid=ZwZmNlbjr24TyStZcCReNkgN1bEfnAw7

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/06/20/why-goalscoring-boom-world-cup-its-all-formations-brazil-bound

Personally I like the Mexico/Holland 3-5-2/ 3-5-1-1

Bell;

Faure; Mohsni; McGreggor;

Aird; Black; Law; McLoed; Wallace;

Miller (as the Arjen Robbin "free forward")

Boyd (if he comes or) Clark

It becomes 4-4-2 with Wallace dropping back if we're under pressure; but I agree that most times we don't need 4 at the back.

However, I suspect we'll look more like this:

Bell;

Foster; Mohsni; McCulloch; McGregor; Wallace;

Black; Law; McLoed:

Miller;

Boyd or Daly or Clark

with Mohsni given license to come into the MF and the full backs pushing on as well.

We really need Templeton in the team for creation but not sure where he's going to find a place unless on the left of a 5-man MF as MIller will play wide or behind the main striker.

If we stick with 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 then:

Bell;

Foster/Faure; Mohsni; McGregor/McCulloch; Wallace;

Aird/Templeton; Black; Law; McLoed;

Miller

Boyd/Clark/Daly

I pretty much try to keep myself busy following Germany and the world cup in general. Who could say no to up to four games a day after all. Once that's done I'm back to fully anticipate the next season of my beloved Rangers.

With regards to the formation, it is not just about how the players are set on the park. It very much is about an idea of how to play and infusing your players with just the right mentality. To me the formation is just the foundation for the real stuff if you will.

With regards to the formation, it is not just about how the players are set on the park. It very much is about an idea of how to play and infusing your players with just the right mentality. To me the formation is just the foundation for the real stuff if you will.

Nice to see you back Dude, i am an admirer of your work on RM.

4-3-3 for me ;

Bell

Foster

Mcgregor

Moshni

Wallace

Law

Black

McLoed

Aird

Miller

Templeton

If Boyd signs play him in the middle with miller and either aird or templeton

To me we are a decent right back and right sided midfielder / winger away from a decent team.

Expect Ally to stick with 4-4-1-1 tho