If it was half way through the season, yes; but personally I wouldn't read too much into it; as I said Brora had a very experienced team: Tokely, Munro, Morrison etc. We struggled against 10 men at Forres in 2012/13 in the Cup.

That said, I wouldn't have been too happy if I'd made the trip!

Exactly mate, it ain't a one off, there are worrying signs, friendlies or not. Signs that have been there for 3 years

Don't see the point of your reply; all he said was that it was a meaningless match which gives no indication of the season ahead for either team. If we lose to Ventura County Fusion what will that say about our chances in the Championship?

My reply was general and had no direct relevance to the pre-season in general or any game in particular.

I am glad that the level of greetin' and moanin' on here has not reached the level yet, that it completly de-motivates a guy from going to a game to support Rangers.

Next week I shall embark on a trip to Ottawa that includes a 1000 kilometer drive of 12 hours each way, with a two night stay in a hotel, gas, meals, take in the game, touristy stuff, and a house/pet sitter - costing probably $600:00.

Why, we could watch it on RTV.tv?

I get to watch the famous Glasgow Rangers in the flesh.

Unlike some people who can go every week if they want, I get to soak in the atmosphere, see the players close up, see the coaching staff, enjoy the company of other bears and anything else that's going on.

It may not be the same standard of football as Barcelona, but who cares. We will follow on.

Unlike some people, at this point in time, I'm just glad to have a team to support !!

C'mon the 'Gers.

I am glad that the level of greetin' and moanin' on here has not reached the level yet, that it completly de-motivates a guy from going to a game to support Rangers.

Next week I shall embark on a trip to Ottawa that includes a 1000 kilometer drive of 12 hours each way, with a two night stay in a hotel, gas, meals, take in the game, touristy stuff, and a house/pet sitter - costing probably $600:00.

Why, we could watch it on RTV.tv?

I get to watch the famous Glasgow Rangers in the flesh.

Unlike some people who can go every week if they want, I get to soak in the atmosphere, see the players close up, see the coaching staff, enjoy the company of other bears and anything else that's going on.

It may not be the same standard of football as Barcelona, but who cares. We will follow on.

Unlike some people, at this point in time, I'm just glad to have a team to support !!

C'mon the 'Gers.

Good luck to you mate, toyed with making the trip but saving up for our return to Europe!

I'd say there were two really embarrassing cup resuults in 2013/14 but surely you would concede (since NIL in the league 2013/14 vs 11 in 2012/13) that there was a major improvement last season. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will be the rebuilding of the Rangers.

Nothing is being built.

The club is bankrupt and the team will need completely overhauled in a years time.

To paraphrase gunslinger 100M will have been spent and what is there to show for it?