The big clubs do tours of Scotland all the time but they tend not to play at Ibrox for some reason. It's the wee clubs they choose to play. Dundee, Utd, Hearts, Hibs etc etc.

Rangers have never really had huge glamorous friendlies at Ibrox on any sort of regular basis, Chelsea maybe being the biggest and only one i can think of in recent times.

Arsenal admittedly a few years back and Newcastle as well.

Arsenal admittedly a few years back and Newcastle as well.

Newcastle are not the kind of club we are talking about mate. They are a nothing club in comparison. Did we play Arsenal at Ibrox Brahim? It's big money spinners at the Brox we are talking about mate.

Newcastle are not the kind of club we are talking about mate. They are a nothing club in comparison. Did we play Arsenal at Ibrox Brahim? It's big money spinners at the Brox we are talking about mate.

Fair enough on Newcastle.

Just checked and Arsenal was actually 2003. I recall them running rings round us as they passed it man to man around the centre circle and won 3-0 going on 6. It was midweek and if I recall Celtic drew or beat them on the Saturday.

Fair enough on Newcastle.

Just checked and Arsenal was actually 2003. I recall them running rings round us as they passed it man to man around the centre circle and won 3-0 going on 6. It was midweek and if I recall Celtic drew or beat them on the Saturday.

Over a decade before we get a big name outwith Chelsea, even that was 7 years or so ago. It's not great mate. I would like us to aim for one every year, a blue chip friendly at home every summer to capture fans imaginations and get us into the mood for sitting at the big boys table again.