I tell you, the Scottish top tier will be a sight to watch this season, as Dundee FC are beating the mighty champions of Sassun by 2 goals to 0 at the break!

Manchester City's starting XI: Caballero, Bossaerts, Kolarov ©, Boyata, Denayer, Navas, Rodwell, Reges, Huws, Guidetti, Jovetic

Nine changes for Man City at half time. -> Richards, Nasri, Negredo, Sinclair, Garcia, Rekik, Nastacic, Zuculini, Leigh

How many STs did we sell in 1980? Did we "die" because only 17k came to Ibrox watching St. Mirren? What will matter is the amount of people eventually attending the games, not the amount of STs sold before the season starts. What the ST sale does mean is that the board will have to budget differently.

Do you remember how successful we were in the early eighties?

That's a period of our history that simply cannot afford to repeated.

Rangers have never really had huge glamorous friendlies at Ibrox on any sort of regular basis, Chelsea maybe being the biggest and only one i can think of in recent times.

We played the friendly with Liverpool in October 2011. We did well winning 1-0 and I remember Dalglish having a right good laugh with Ally at that one. They also beat us 4-0 in another friendly at Ibrox back in 2008 under Walter and IIRC that one was a full house with over 50k attendance.

We played the friendly with Liverpool in October 2011. We did well winning 1-0 and I remember Dalglish having a right good laugh with Ally at that one. They also beat us 4-0 in another friendly at Ibrox back in 2008 under Walter and IIRC that one was a full house with over 50k attendance.

One I forgot about. So we did mate. Cheers.

Also beat a Man City side that had just spent £90m in August 2009.