Dundee at Dens Park.

Well done, Dundee.

Manchester City, possibly the richest club in the world, are certainly a top club financially, if not in terms of trophies.

I see no value for City in it unless to give their squad players a run-out. At Rangers, we surely want to see top teams fielding their top players instead of witnessing their fringe players up against our best players.

I do not believe Rangers would have made, as has been suggested, seven figures from a pre-season friendly at Ibrox.

A well-run Rangers could - in the future - but not this lot.

Well done, Dundee.

Manchester City, possibly the richest club in the world, are certainly a top club financially, if not in terms of trophies.

I see no value for City in it unless to give their squad players a run-out. At Rangers, we surely want to see top teams fielding their top players instead of witnessing their fringe players up against our best players.

I do not believe Rangers would have made, as has been suggested, seven figures from a pre-season friendly at Ibrox.

A well-run Rangers could - in the future - but not this lot.

The value to Man City will simply be the same as every other club playing preseason friendlies, they play Hearts the following Friday.

You'd do well to find a harsher critic of the board than me but the lack of an elite team at Ibrox for a preseason friendly this year is not an error of their making.

The notion that even in our present diminished state we couldn't attract an elite team to Ibrox for a preseason friendly is simply ludicrous as the two examples above demonstrate.

The value to Man City will simply be the same as every other club playing preseason friendlies, they play Hearts the following Friday.

You'd do well to find a harsher critic of the board than me but the lack of an elite team at Ibrox for a preseason friendly this year is not an error of their making.

The notion that even in our present diminished state we couldn't attract an elite team to Ibrox for a preseason friendly is simply ludicrous as the two examples above demonstrate.

To make seven figures though, a pre-season tournament is probably the best idea, but at our level it is difficult to attract three high calibre clubs when Rangers are low calibre and uncompetitive opposition.

If we ever become a decent side again, we will surely be able to come up with something worthwhile, but our present circumstances limit possibilities to come up with something seriously lucrative.

To make seven figures though, a pre-season tournament is probably the best idea, but at our level it is difficult to attract three high calibre clubs when Rangers are low calibre and uncompetitive opposition.

If we ever become a decent side again, we will surely be able to come up with something worthwhile, but our present circumstances limit possibilities to come up with something seriously lucrative.

I don't think a tournament is even necessary.

Two home preseason games against half decent clubs should be enough to harvest a 7 figure sum even in our present state that should be achievable.

If this board can't sell 20k season books the won't sell out friendlies.

How many STs did we sell in 1980? Did we "die" because only 17k came to Ibrox watching St. Mirren? What will matter is the amount of people eventually attending the games, not the amount of STs sold before the season starts. What the ST sale does mean is that the board will have to budget differently.

How many STs did we sell in 1980? Did we "die" because only 17k came to Ibrox watching St. Mirren? What will matter is the amount of people eventually attending the games, not the amount of STs sold before the season starts. What the ST sale does mean is that the board will have to budget differently.

We didn't have one single player earning 7k a week then or its inflation proofed equivalent. Nor did we win anything until we got a good team and some ambition 6 years later.

When was the last time we sold out a friendly?

We will sell far more than 20,000 ST's as think you have accepted now, have you not?

Far more? Not at all. More? Maybe.

Hugely less than last season. Mamouthly is how I would describe ticket sales.