If I hadn't put my name forward there would have been no election in the disabled category and the disabled would have been represented by the current Chairman of the Rangers Disabled Supporters Club who to put it mildly has not set the heather on fire in that regards, it was my fellow disabled fans fed up with what's been going on who persuaded me to stand.

Regarding JCD I imagine it would depend how many and who stood in the same category, a 50% success rate for election from 2 of the same family is a fair return is it not?

I never knew there was one.

You would have thought they would have had some sort of website.

This is surely the best and most official?

Aye its "official" all right if you mean that it was brought into being by the board of directors.

Isn't it the case that the Assembly buy its very nature excluded the 75%-80% of fans who do not belong to any group and in any event at best it is limbo? Numerous people on here of varying opinions have said it has outserved its usefulness.

This appears at least to be an attempt to capture as many different kinds of supporters as possible whether or not they are members of supporters clubs or things like the RST and RF which exist for a different purpose.

Most importantly it is democratically elected.

I'm sure that all any member of the new Board would ask is to give it a fair chance before you shoot it down.

Democratically elected!! You taking the piss here? it was brought in by the club. the club selected the selectors, the selectors selected the "fans board". It could not be further away from democracy, which was the intention all along.

Edited by Zappa

Aye its "official" all right if you mean that it was brought into being by the board of directors.

Democratically elected!! You taking the piss here? it was brought in by the club. the club selected the selectors, the selectors selected the "fans board". It could not be further away from democracy, which was the intention all along.

Yes the Club brought it into being, and yes the club selected the Nomination Committee; but NO "the selectors did not select the "fans board".

You might want to debate the categories and they might be adjusted in future since there were a large number of candidates in some categories and only two in some others.

I believe there were "hundreds" of applicants so if there hand't been some form of pre-selection the ballot paper would have been as long as this thread.

Rev McQuarrie told me that each application was reviewed individually but if you have evidence of malfeasance then I suggest you bring it forward.

There were anything from 2 to 5 candidates in each category, a total of 35 I think in all; and there was a two week democratic election and the count was by a firm independent of Rangers FC; what else do you want?

The successful candidates and the supporter category they represent are….

Female Fans - Alison Clark-Dick

Families - Christine Murdoch

Overseas Fans - Gary Gillan

Fans in Glasgow/Govan Community - William Gillan

Disabled fans – William Paterson

Ethnic Minorities – Zia Islam

Under 18s – William Findlay

Ibrox match ticket purchasers – Robert Callaghan

Corporate fans – Thomas Clements

Fans who attend away games – Alan Harris

Rangers Official Members – Tom Johnstone

Season Ticket Holders – Alan Fraser

It's another sham, just like the Assembly. It is the perfect tool to split and undermine the support and distract it from more meaningful issues.

Kiddy-on democracy, pretend membership and needless categories to engineer a situation which makes it ripe for manipulation.

With the current dubious club ownership, this group being 'official' makes it a no-go area. I wonder how much this latest sham is costing Rangers. The Assembly cost around £35,000 per annum when it was first set up.

I'd join the SNP before being part of this - and it'll be a cold day in hell before I do that.

It's another sham, just like the Assembly. It is the perfect tool to split and undermine the support and distract it from more meaningful issues.

Kiddy-on democracy, pretend membership and needless categories to engineer a situation which makes it ripe for manipulation.

With the current dubious club ownership, this group being 'official' makes it a no-go area. I wonder how much this latest sham is costing Rangers. The Assembly cost around £35,000 per annum when it was first set up.

I'd join the SNP before being part of this - and it'll be a cold day in hell before I do that.

Although I agree with the sentiment, dismissing it completely won't help. One of my gripes over the years when I was in the RST was bears saying we should do this, that or the other thing but wouldn't join. Moaning from the sidelines gets us nowhere and that is why I joined. Once contact details are established I can then look to challenge my reps...or congratulate on a job well done.

However, if King is eventually allowed to buy big and take over I can't see this fans board lasting in its current form.