I cannot say that for certain as none of the candidates were privy to the process but as far as I have been led to believe the opposite is the case.

I was given an example of a person whose CV was selected by the NC but when his name appeared on the ballot the Club had to ask him to stand down as he had a commercial relationship with the Club. It was put to me that if the Club had pre-selected then that person's CV would not have gone to the NC.

I would also reiterate that apart from me, there is at least one person whose CV you might think would have gone straight in the bin if there had been any pre-selection, his name went forward and he has been elected.

Zappa, can I just say again that whilst I am doing my best to answer these legitimate questions everything to do with the election process is a matter for the Nomination Committee and ultimately the Club.

I followed the process set out to apply for the fans board, my name was put forward by the NC and I was elected by a substantial majority. I believe the entire process was fair and above board. But I was not and am not responsible for that process, and I would like to get on with the job, if I might be allowed to do that.

Rather than wording my points as questions to yourself, I should just have made the points themselves because I'm not trying to put unnecessary pressure on you to answer questions you have no answer for and probably never will.

Don't take the general feelings of skepticism & cynicism personally because I'm sure that in the majority of cases people aren't questioning your own election to represent the Club's 'away fans'.

Rev McQuarrie told me that each application was reviewed individually but if you have evidence of malfeasance then I suggest you bring it forward.

?

Rev McQuarrie told me that every CV submitted was reviewed. I believe that.

Why did you feel the need to contact the Chair of the meeting that will be held to decide the Office Bearers, I won't be submitting for office but if I was I'd certainly question the wisdom of contacting the Chair prior to the meeting, of course that assumes you would be standing for office.

Why did you feel the need to contact the Chair of the meeting that will be held to decide the Office Bearers, I won't be submitting for office but if I was I'd certainly question the wisdom of contacting the Chair prior to the meeting, of course that assumes you would be standing for office.

Not even had one meeting and seeds of mistrust evident. One voice.. Nae chance..

That's McQuarrie and Wallace.

Any others BH ?

Meanwhile, Jack sits in his office pissing himself......

Aye, it run through my mind aswell.

He was part of putting it all together in the run up to the AGM of 2013 and subsequently trying to 'sell' / 'test the water' with the idea on messageboards, in January 2014.

I spoke to Rev McQuarrie in his capacity as the Chair of the Nominations Committee because a number of people on here raised doubts about the election process and questions were directed at me specifcially that I couldn't answer e.g. at #242 Bearger questioned if the process was democratic and shoredbear and others raised questions in a number of posts about those whose names had gone forward. I wanted to be sure of the facts before I answered. You have quoted the answers.

I have spoken to Rev McQuarrie again just now. He has asked me to say that if anyone has any suggestion of impropriety or discrimination in the election or any other concern about the process, he will be happy to clarify or investigate as required.

In the circumstances I will not be making any further comment about the election process.

Seems unlikely given Billy made it through, they're not unknown to make a cock up though.

I was going to post the same.... but I think in Billy's case they had no option as they would otherwise have nobody in that category - I THINK that he was the only one standing for election.

I was going to post the same.... but I think in Billy's case they had no option as they would otherwise have nobody in that category - I THINK that he was the only one standing for election.

No, there was another chap who Billy was asked to run against.