I'm not convinced even with a brilliant manager that we have the resources defensively to win this league.

In fact with bell missing from GK i'd say our options are absolutely appalling.

The defence has been a mess for years, but we have three decent SPL defenders in Wallace, McGregor and Zaluska (sp). With organisation I'm certain these players would be good enough for this League.

This just shows how incompetent he is in transfer dealings. He needed a better standard of player in July & August - and here we are only half way through October and he already says he needs new players.

Ally is a legend and hero to me - but he is damaging the club with each passing day in the managers seat. It pains me to say it too, I was one of those who tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for as long as possible - but the time has come and gone for him to step aside for someone who actually can improve the players at his disposal. These players are not that bad if coached and managed properly.

These statements are just churlish - he is allowed to sign players such as Boyd and Miller (who, even in advancing years are still MILES ahead of the rest of this particular division, if fit of course) and he still has players of the calibre of Wallace and MacLeod as well as Law (who isn't as bad as his performances are suggesting) as well as Templeton (who has the potential but just isn't showing it, like most of his colleagues).

Ally, you simply cant get the best out of this group of players - and when that is the case it is, sadly, the time to "walk away".

This just shows how incompetent he is in transfer dealings. He needed a better standard of player in July & August - and here we are only half way through October and he already says he needs new players.

Ally is a legend and hero to me - but he is damaging the club with each passing day in the managers seat. It pains me to say it too, I was one of those who tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for as long as possible - but the time has come and gone for him to step aside for someone who actually can improve the players at his disposal. These players are not that bad if coached and managed properly.

These statements are just churlish - he is allowed to sign players such as Boyd and Miller (who, even in advancing years are still MILES ahead of the rest of this particular division, if fit of course) and he still has players of the calibre of Wallace and MacLeod as well as Law (who isn't as bad as his performances are suggesting) as well as Templeton (who has the potential but just isn't showing it, like most of his colleagues).

Ally, you simply cant get the best out of this group of players - and when that is the case it is, sadly, the time to "walk away".

He's going nowhere unless told to do so. And getting rid off him won't be cheap either

I do think we're going to need to get rid of some of our players and replace them with much better quality for our top flight return, but as most others here have said, the squad of players we currently have should definitely be good enough to win this division and get automatic promotion.

Our back 4 is definitely the weakest link in the squad and that's where we're going to need some major improvements for the top flight return.

In the meantime, there's things which can be done to improve the back line. Faure was better at right back last season than Foster was, so it's an obvious option for the manager to give Faure another chance at right back if Foster continues to make costly mistakes.

It's the central defensive partnership where Ally has a real headache to deal with, but it's a headache of his own making and he desperately needs to sort it out ASAP.

The Jig + Mohsni partnership can be strong against poor teams, but often isn't good enough against decent quality opposition who are well organised, pass & move and attack us with pace.

Zaliukas is a half decent defender, but as predicted, he's proving to be injury prone, so is destined to be missing a lot of games and that's not good for consistency in our central defense.

McGregor is also a half decent defender, but he doesn't have much experience having only really played one full season in the top flight.

At left back I think we have two very good players in Wallace and Smith, but I think they're also both enigmas or paradoxes because you wouldn't say that defending is actually the strong point of either player.

I think midfield is our weakest. We have 3, sometimes 4 passengers in there every week. Every team has to defend from the front and it's my belief our defence looks so suspect and so exposed because they have absolutely no help whatsoever from the supposed heartbeat of our team. The 2 guys who are supposed to dictate play in the middle are anonymous every single week, the two wingers who are supposed to be out balls and take pressure off our defence don't do either. You then look at the lack of support and service to our strikers and one must seriously ask himself, what the hell do our midfield actually do? They don't defend and they don't attack, they don't keep possession and they don't dictate play. They just make up the numbers.